how accurate are kaplan practice tests?

Started by leaves84
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leaves84

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i was wondering how accurate are the kaplan practice oat tests? I am using the small kaplan book that has 2 full length practice tests...I just want to know how accurate their scoring is compared to the actual oats.

Has anyone used it?
thanks
 
YES! I took 3 Kaplan full-length practice tests. I scored 29, 30, and 31 (not in that order). I scored a 30 on the real MCAT. So I would say, yes, they are accurate.
 
YES! I took 3 Kaplan full-length practice tests. I scored 29, 30, and 31 (not in that order). I scored a 30 on the real MCAT. So I would say, yes, they are accurate.

I can't comment on the Kaplan preparation for the MCAT. However, I think it is widely agreed that the Kaplan OAT tests are much more difficult than the real OAT. I scored about 50 points higher than what I was getting on the Kaplan tests and I think that is normal.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't comment on the Kaplan preparation for the MCAT. However, I think it is widely agreed that the Kaplan OAT tests are much more difficult than the real OAT. I scored about 50 points higher than what I was getting on the Kaplan tests and I think that is normal.


yes they are.. I spent a grand for kaplan OAT. i was in a room filled with dental students. its a decent prep program, but dont expect everyone to crack 350 on the oat. my friend who is in her 3rd year at NSUCO got a 340 without any prep course... now thats smarts.
 
i was wondering how accurate are the kaplan practice oat tests? I am using the small kaplan book that has 2 full length practice tests...I just want to know how accurate their scoring is compared to the actual oats.

Has anyone used it?
thanks


I also agree. The Kalpan OAT practice tests where harder than the real thing. I studied as if they were comparable though so I was more prepared on test day.

Good Luck!