How accurate is Achiever?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by futuredentist12, Jul 23, 2011.

1. futuredentist12

futuredentist12 futuredentist12
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Has anyone done the DAT Achiever and received similar points on the actual DAT??? Is it an accurate estimate of the actual DAT score???

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PooyaH

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I've never had Achiever so I can't tell you, but there has been ten million similar questions about the Achiever on here. Just use the search feature and I'm sure you'll find quite a few threads regarding your question.

4. PooyaH

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    However, it seems like you will score about 3, 4 points higher on the real DAT than Achiever.

5. tmirchel

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I took an Achiever test day before my real DAT and got
    16 bio 18 GC 19 OC 20 PAT 14 RC 15 QR
    real dat 21, 21,22, 21,18,21

So yea you get around 4 points higher on the real thing. Its tough also and will make you feel like crap because of how hard it is but dont let it discourage you.

6. futuredentist12

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
  7. wired202808

wired202808 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

i just re did one of my achiever tests; its harder than the real thing and much harder than the 2009 sample exam. but I feel its worth it; it tests hard concepts that are at the core of the necessary knowledge.

The difference between Achiever and Destroyer IMHO, is that Destroyer seems to have some facts and other little things here and there that at times feel less useful than Achiever, which has harder concepts that are fundamentals.

If you have the $$$ and time, do both! this way you'll really be ready for the dat.

hope this helps.

8. futuredentist12

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I bought the Destroyer from a fellow pre dental student and got it for a really good deal. I went over OChem, QR and half of GChem on it. I am skimming through Bio section and I did KBB and Kaplan White..I doubt I ll be able to finish all of Destroyer. I am doing Achiever to practice full length tests.. Thanks for the input!

9. wired202808

wired202808 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

if you pull a 19 or 20 on your achiever tests, you should be good for a 20+ on the real dat. Good luck!

10. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Consensus is you'll score about 4 points higher on the actual, but still, this big discrepancy wouldn't give me any peace of mind. Try TopScore as that's a closer indicator -- you'll score 2 points higher on the actual.