How accurate is Achiever?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentist12

futuredentist12
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done the DAT Achiever and received similar points on the actual DAT??? Is it an accurate estimate of the actual DAT score???

Members don't see this ad.

I've never had Achiever so I can't tell you, but there has been ten million similar questions about the Achiever on here. Just use the search feature and I'm sure you'll find quite a few threads regarding your question.

However, it seems like you will score about 3, 4 points higher on the real DAT than Achiever.

I took an Achiever test day before my real DAT and got
16 bio 18 GC 19 OC 20 PAT 14 RC 15 QR
real dat 21, 21,22, 21,18,21

So yea you get around 4 points higher on the real thing. Its tough also and will make you feel like crap because of how hard it is but dont let it discourage you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you :D

i just re did one of my achiever tests; its harder than the real thing and much harder than the 2009 sample exam. but I feel its worth it; it tests hard concepts that are at the core of the necessary knowledge.

The difference between Achiever and Destroyer IMHO, is that Destroyer seems to have some facts and other little things here and there that at times feel less useful than Achiever, which has harder concepts that are fundamentals.

If you have the $$$ and time, do both! this way you'll really be ready for the dat.

hope this helps.

I bought the Destroyer from a fellow pre dental student and got it for a really good deal. I went over OChem, QR and half of GChem on it. I am skimming through Bio section and I did KBB and Kaplan White..I doubt I ll be able to finish all of Destroyer. I am doing Achiever to practice full length tests.. Thanks for the input!

I bought the Destroyer from a fellow pre dental student and got it for a really good deal. I went over OChem, QR and half of GChem on it. I am skimming through Bio section and I did KBB and Kaplan White..I doubt I ll be able to finish all of Destroyer. I am doing Achiever to practice full length tests.. Thanks for the input!

if you pull a 19 or 20 on your achiever tests, you should be good for a 20+ on the real dat. Good luck!

Consensus is you'll score about 4 points higher on the actual, but still, this big discrepancy wouldn't give me any peace of mind. Try TopScore as that's a closer indicator -- you'll score 2 points higher on the actual.