How am I doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aftomdhopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take Step 1 on June 13, and we will get about 4.5 weeks of dedicated. I have started to use UWorld questions, and my plan is to get through UWorld 2x, and also use FA, Pathoma and Sketchy. Right now, I am about 10% of the way done with my first pass of UWorld, and I am averaging about 40% on the exams, correlating to the 10th percentile. Obviously, that's not great, but I'm wondering how that relates to someone just starting Step prep, with nearly 5 months to go. If it is really bad, what can/should I do to improve my exam prep? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am scheduled to take Step 1 on June 13, and we will get about 4.5 weeks of dedicated. I have started to use UWorld questions, and my plan is to get through UWorld 2x, and also use FA, Pathoma and Sketchy. Right now, I am about 10% of the way done with my first pass of UWorld, and I am averaging about 40% on the exams, correlating to the 10th percentile. Obviously, that's not great, but I'm wondering how that relates to someone just starting Step prep, with nearly 5 months to go. If it is really bad, what can/should I do to improve my exam prep? Thanks!

I am sorta starting it now myself. I score 60% on average and sometimes get 70-80% if i do like 40 Qs 2 days before organ block exam. I think 40 is okay now if you are just doing random (we have yet to cover 50% of the information). My date is early June as well. I have not done UWorld yet (will start in 2 weeks maybe) but I have done about 500 questions on USMLERx

I am sorta starting it now myself. I score 60% on average and sometimes get 70-80% if i do like 40 Qs 2 days before organ block exam. I think 40 is okay now if you are just doing random (we have yet to cover 50% of the information). My date is early June as well. I have not done UWorld yet (will start in 2 weeks maybe) but I have done about 500 questions on USMLERx
Thank you for that feedback! Yeah, I am just doing random questions right now, so nothing specific to organ blocks or anything we are learning at the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a good approach starting out with random blocks, but 10th percentile is pretty concerning even if you are just starting studying. How did you do on the MCAT?
I got a 27 on the MCAT. I'm improving a bit. Since last week, I've bumped up to the 13th percentile.

Ah I see, good that you're focusing on practice questions then! Too many people shy away from doing UWorld early. It's okay to score low in the beginning as long as you really learn from the questions.