How am I doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimmpannzee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Test is in two weeks and I'm starting to feel anxious! I just started on doing QVault, CDP, and Destroyer and will take my first Topscore tomorrow. How do you guys think I'm doing?

QVault Averages:
Bio: 19.3
GC: 19.7
OC: 20.7
RC: 20.0
I hear Qvault Bio is a good indicator and will strive to improve, but how are the other QVault sections? I hear QVault RC supposedly too easy with too many S&D, but I can never get higher than a 20. I'm just hoping for the best since reading isn't my strongest section and I feel you can't readily prepare for it. I'd rather maximize my time and score with the other sections.

CDP:
I did two CDP tests and have a 21 average. I'm still trying to allocate my time wisely and would like to know how long you guys spend on each section? I hear KH, TFE, and HP's a bit harder on the real DAT and want to prepare extra time for those section. AR is my worse section so my question is can you do PAT sections out of order? - I was thinking I could skip the whole AR section and come back for it last. Whenever I do AR and take too much time, I panick on the other three sections. So I was thinking instead of panicking on sections I have strength in, do them first with a calm mind and work the weakest section last?

Destroyer Averages:
Bio: 67.5%
GC: 55.5%
OC: 55.6%
I feel so dumb going though destroyer. I know it's meant to destroy your confidence and used solely as a study tool, but it doesn't seem very effective in terms of input and output. I do plan on going through it a second time next week.

In terms of studying the concepts, I'm revisting Cliff's, Barron's, and Chad's quizzes a second time through to solidify the basics. Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

You can definitely skip around within the PAT section of the test so you can tackle the questions in any order you'd like.

Destroyer has been giving me a hard time too, but what I'm doing is taking notes on any question I'm getting wrong. Checking back with my Chad's notes or videos for GC and OC, and Cliff's for the Bio. Making a separate word.doc with all these notes so hopefully they stick.

I would go over the destroyer at least 2 more times (except bio).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I just studied the answer keys and the logic behind the explanation from destroyer. Qvaults are good practice. Seems like you will be getting at least 20 in the TS.