How am I doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor201

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
It's been a while since I wrote anything regarding opinions on how I am was doing. The last time I wrote my mothers was finishing her chemotherapy for cancer and I had F's in all my classes because my appendix ruptured which left me in the hospital for two months. Anyway, since Spring of last year things have seemed to have mellowed down some, and I was able to get all my F's changed to 6 W's. I will write some of my stats below, if you have any advice/ constructive feedback, I would love to hear it.

GPA: 3.7 sGPA: 3.8
I attend a no name school. I am a WWAMI applicant. Right now I am finishing my last semester at a CC. I pay for all my education, so I had to attended at CC first to save money. I am not sure how this will hurt me. The only science class I have taken is Biology 1.
MCAT: Have not taken yet, but with practice exams I have been scoring between 32-34

EC's:

Clinical: I work as a caregiver at a nursing home dealing specifically with residents who have Alzheimer's or Dementia. So far I have 600 hours. By the time I apply I will have approxamatly 1500 hours.

Volunteering: I still need to find some volunteering opportunities in my area. I might get a volunteering position here soon at the hospital. My hope is to have 500 hours or more.

Research: None at this time.

Shadowing:
Shadowed my family physician for 8 hours. Will have 50 hours by time of application.

Leadership:
1. Organized and lead a food drive for a local food bank here in time for Thanksgiving dinner.
Approx. 2 months.
2. Training employees at work: 30 hours.
I will be a TA next semester and will also be tutoring kids at the Y.

Hope I did not leave anything out.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
It's been a while since I wrote anything regarding opinions on how I am was doing. The last time I wrote my mothers was finishing her chemotherapy for cancer and I had F's in all my classes because my appendix ruptured which left me in the hospital for two months. Anyway, since Spring of last year things have seemed to have mellowed down some, and I was able to get all my F's changed to 6 W's. I will write some of my stats below, if you have any advice/ constructive feedback, I would love to hear it.

I attend a no name school. I am a WWAMI applicant. Right now I am finishing my last semester at a CC. I pay for all my education, so I had to attended at CC first to save money. I am not sure how this will hurt me. The only science class I have taken is Biology 1.
MCAT: Have not taken yet, but with practice exams I have been scoring between 32-34

EC's:

Clinical: I work as a caregiver at a nursing home dealing specifically with residents who have Alzheimer's or Dementia. So far I have 600 hours. By the time I apply I will have approxamatly 1500 hours.

Volunteering: I still need to find some volunteering opportunities in my area. I might get a volunteering position here soon at the hospital. My hope is to have 500 hours or more.

Shadowing:
Shadowed my family physician for 8 hours. Will have 50 hours by time of application.

Leadership:
1. Organized and lead a food drive for a local food bank here in time for Thanksgiving dinner.
Approx. 2 months.

You've been scoring 32-34 on practice tests without taking any chem, organic, or physics classes?

I have been studying on my own. Took quite a few AP classes in high school, but yes that is what my scores have been ranging.

You're doing outstanding!

Hello everyone,

EC's:

Shadowing:

Leadership:
Approx. 2 months.