How am I looking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental555

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Junior planning on applying this cycle. Only decided on pursuing dentistry about a year ago, so don't have any research experience. Do have about 80-100 hours of shadowing/volunteering experience, including volunteering at my school's dental clinic in the health center. I also work 10 hours a week as a lead caller for a non-profit organization raising money for the university on top of volunteering. I have a 3.416 sGPA and a 3.588 overallGPA. My GPA is a little lower than I'd like it to be, but its heavily weighed down by my freshman year grades, and I have an increasing trend in GPA for every semester so far. My sGPA sophomore year was 3.428 and my overall was 3.6. Junior year, my sGPA is 3.75 and my overall is 3.729. I haven't taken the DAT yet, and think that will probably be the deciding factor in the strength of my application. I'm shooting for a 20, is this about right? What kind of DAT score do I need to be competitive and feel fairly confident? Thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

16259586.jpg

Aim for that 20+, keep your extra curricular activities up and you're golden.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sifted through post....saw a 3.5+gpa.....I agree with every one else...20+dat pairs well with that...good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, looks like I'll be shooting for a 20+ on the DAT. How deep do the admissions officers look in to the applications? Like will they just see me GPA, or will they look in to my transcript to see individual class grades as well? I assume they would, but I'm not really sure

16259586.jpg

Aim for that 20+, keep your extra curricular activities up and you're golden.

Lmao.

Yeah, you should be fine, just make sure to have some good LORs and a killer personal statement. Since you have decent stats now you just wanna stick out!