how am I receiving secondaries without being verified with AMCAS ?

Started by yzf600
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yzf600

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why is it that I'm getting some secondary apps. from schools while my AMCAS is still waiting to be reviewed?

these schools even have my AMCAS ID....
 
Schools receive preliminary notification of your application from AMCAS. If they don't screen, they'll likely send you an invite to complete their secondary.
 
those schools dont care about your stats. they send the 2ndaries to EVERYONE, just to make money!
 
Yeah I got 2 before mine was verified. Like the previous poster said - AMCAS sends them pretty much just your name and email but its enough for a lot of auto-secondary schools to send you the secondary. Go ahead and do it and send it in - gives you a headstart on being complete once the AMCAS is released.