How are my chances?

Started by Crushage
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Crushage

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. Do you all think i have a shot at getting into Optometry school if I have a low GPA---2.8-2.9 but I score good on the OAT (320-340)? I have done volunteer work and my Dad is an optometrist so I have plenty of work with him. Do you think schools will see that as a positive?

thanks
 
Crushage said:
Hi. Do you all think i have a shot at getting into Optometry school if I have a low GPA---2.8-2.9 but I score good on the OAT (320-340)? I have done volunteer work and my Dad is an optometrist so I have plenty of work with him. Do you think schools will see that as a positive?

thanks

Your chances depends a lot on what school you're applying to (among MANY other factors). Go to http://www.opted.org/info_profile2.cfm to compare your stats with school averages.
 
Crushage said:
Hi. Do you all think i have a shot at getting into Optometry school if I have a low GPA---2.8-2.9 but I score good on the OAT (320-340)? I have done volunteer work and my Dad is an optometrist so I have plenty of work with him. Do you think schools will see that as a positive?

thanks

55-60% chance at the second or third tier schools

10-15% at the first tier schools
 
ucbsowarrior said:
55-60% chance at the second or third tier schools

10-15% at the first tier schools


Who are the first tier and second tier schoos?