How are off-campus clinical facilities at Mount Sinai?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr.Tweed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering MSSM for medschool, but I'm a little hesitant because most of the off campus clinical facilities are not in Manhattan. Does anyone have experience with these hospitals? Are they easy to get to and in safe areas?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any Mount Sinai students in here?

i don't know what the specific hospitals are (and i'm not an MSSM student), but most places w/in the five boro's are easily accessable by subway. i wouldn't think getting there and back would be too difficult for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think most Manhattan med schools have off campus sites not in Manhattan i.e. Cornell and Columbia have ones

A few years ago when I was a Sinai intern they were affiliated with the Bronx VA and Elmhurst hospitals. They ran shuttles to both hospitals and both were also accesible by subway. The VA was in a sort of dicey neighborhood. I'd lived in NYC for quite some time including some not so safe neighborhoods and I always felt a bit uncomfortable walking from the subway station to the VA. Elmhurst was in a pretty cool part of Queens

Mr. Rosewater said:
i don't know what the specific hospitals are (and i'm not an MSSM student), but most places w/in the five boro's are easily accessable by subway. i wouldn't think getting there and back would be too difficult for you.

Several of the affiliated hospitals are in NJ. I'm not sure how accesible they are.

there shuttle buses door to door to almost all of the away sites. and some of them (ie elmhurst and bronx va) are amazing hospitals with some of the best learning experiences in the country. most students love going to those two sites.