How are you enjoying this semester's classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ethics: Got to love Aristotle's teleological motivation theory.
Race & Philosophy: Actually we discuss anthropology and genetics more than philosophy.
Marx, Freud, Nietzsche: Great class, Marx is good (socialized medicine), Freud is self explanatory
Organic II: So Easy - I rocked the first exam, alot harder thou
Organic Lab: okay
Where are the liberal arts pre-meds?

Members don't see this ad.

i am taking similar classes to u OP surprisingly.

Calc 4 - so far so good, nothing too difficult, i feel it is some what easier than calc 3

linear algebra - boring but okay, doable but tedious.

stats for the life sciences - rofleasy A. facerolling this.

eco 303 - faceroll

eur 201 - so much reading, boring topics, i rather learn east asia history than this if i didt need to satisfy certain requirements.

doing research/volunteering for the university hospital.

doing mcat on the side.

fun fun fun. i feel like i am actually doing something this semester, its strange cuze its a good feeling.

Let's see:

Ecology and evolution: my prof has a strong Texas accent, spent the entire first lecture talking about semen, and is kinda creepy, but the first exam wasn't that hard...so its not so bad.
The lab that accompanies it though is a lot of busy work, but my TA is cute in that nerdish kind of way.
Anatomy and Physiology I: I am really enjoying this class so far, a lot of material, but so far I am not having too much trouble picking it up.
Psychology Junior Honors Seminar (Psych stats): The third psych stats and research techniques class I have taken, a fair amount of work and a boring professor. On the other hand it's not too hard either.
O Chem I: I have my first exam on Friday, so I will be able to say more then, but it doesn't seem to be that difficult as long as I stay caught up with the work.
Developmental Neurobiology: By far my favorite class. It is really interesting and the professor who teaches it is really cool and did her post-doc at the Salk Institute.

Overall this semester isn't too bad, compared to other semesters, so long as I keep up with my readings and whatnot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chem: Pretty easy but the questions on the exams are worded awkwardly and as such, are more difficult than they should be.
Geosci: Boring 90 year old man talking about rocks. Yippee. Tests are moderate but he asks questions that we haven't discussed in class so (like chem) it's more difficult than it should be.
Bio: Easy. Just got back first exams. Average was ~70, high was 97, I scored a 94. I like the professor, too.
Micro Lecture: Not bad. Studied 5-6 hours for the first test and I'm pretty sure I aced it. It's weird how the tests are, though, in that they're multiple choice but there can be anywhere from 0 to 4 corrects answers for any given question so each M.C. question is worth 4 points. It's odd but I like it because it's mostly biochem.
Micro Lab: Confusing as hell because we're doing so many things at once but overall it's not bad. The instructor is awesome, and she complimented my lab reports today. :D
English: The prof hates me for some reason and is probably going to end up crapping on my grade. Damn subjectively graded classes. Feels like a waste of time...

O Chem I: I have my first exam on Friday, so I will be able to say more then, but it doesn't seem to be that difficult as long as I stay caught up with the work.

Wait until you get toward the end and do synthesis reactions. I've never hated something so much in my entire life. I'm on the verge of lighting my book on fire and throwing it out the window.

I can't wait for this semester to be over. I'll never have to think about or take organic chemistry ever again (well, aside from cramming for it on the MCAT.) :D

I can't wait for this semester to be over. I'll never have to think about or take organic chemistry ever again (well, aside from cramming for it on the MCAT.) :D
That's how I'll be next year. I'm taking all of the weed-outs (orgo I and II, physics, cell bio, anatomy & physio, etc...) during my sophomore year... :(

That's how I'll be next year. I'm taking all of the weed-outs (orgo I and II, physics, cell bio, anatomy & physio, etc...) during my sophomore year... :(

That's going to be rough. Take an easy professor and ride the curve. I've stopped trying to do synthesis reactions because I simply cannot do them. I might miss the synth question worth 10% of the exam but nearly everyone else does so it all balances out with the curve. :)

Orgo II - Ehh, first test today was just terrible

Orgo Lab - Since my school doesn't have a orgo 1 lab they make the orgo 2 lab a 2 credit lab (twice a week for 3 hrs), its getting old sitting in their for 6 hours a week doing nothing but watch reactions and distilling things.

Physics II - Surprisingly I aced my first test with a 100, even after missing a whole week of class, so pretty awesome here.

Survey of Biochem - No tests (16 quizzes throughout the semester) low stress, amazing teacher.

That's going to be rough. Take an easy professor and ride the curve. I've stopped trying to do synthesis reactions because I simply cannot do them. I might miss the synth question worth 10% of the exam but nearly everyone else does so it all balances out with the curve. :)
I go to a smaller campus so there's only one prof for each of the weed out courses. :( And orgo II isn't curved so most people fail. Luckily, though, I'm only going to have to take around 14 credits per semester next year (since I've taken lots of credits thus far) and will be able to focus on just a few classes at one time. Plus I'll have an OK GPA cushion just in case I end up getting wrecked. So...fingers crossed!