• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Atticus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hey everyone,
I've been sitting here thinking about how ridiculously expensive the entire application process is. First the DAT, then sending scores, then the primary apps, then the secondary apps, then interviews... It seems like the process never ends! Between my wife and I we make very decent money ( I work for the government and she's a dental hygienest)-- and we're still freaking out a bit. I can't imagine applying as a poor college student. With this in mind, how are you affording it?

About the Ads

Zubnaya Feya

Combinator
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Full-time job.. while everyone is saving "paid time off" days for vacation, I am saving them for interviews.. sad.

About the Ads

Chrono

May 13, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'm working part time and paying cash for everything. I make commission though, so I work 25 hours but usually get paid for 35+.

Last edited:

fsddsms

Jun 9, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
part time oral surgery assisting. Barely enough to cover it all including interview money. I have like 15 checks in the mail totaling like close to 1000$ waiting to be cashed =/ ... only 3 schools cashed em so far. Sad trip.

xlonghornsx

Jul 24, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
working the street corner. luckily, no one notices when I miss the occasional day because I have an interview. Though sometimes I like to use my sick days. My pimp gets mad, but I do what I want.

I'm just kidding, no but seriously if you're into that kinda thing.

HAHAHA :)

as for me...waiting tables and pulling out of my savings.
AND praying that the schools will not cash the checks at the same time. lol

About the Ads

4thMolar

5+ Year Member
May 25, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm lucky my parents are paying for my costs. I guess it's their way of saying "you'd better take care of us when we get old".

flying rider

Jun 1, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm lucky my parents are paying for my costs. I guess it's their way of saying "you'd better take care of us when we get old".

Haha, my mom reminds me of this almost every day. I'm asian so it's like, blasphemous if you don't take care of your parents and give them money once you start your career.

DJwreckx

5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Haha, my mom reminds me of this almost every day. I'm asian so it's like, blasphemous if you don't take care of your parents and give them money once you start your career.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t67jwjux0Ao[/YOUTUBE]

Tommy43087

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Taking a dive in the deep in end of the pool of debt! It's all worth it and not that bad if I/we gain acceptance and its one big chunk of debt thats gunna suck repaying if not! So far im in almost 3 big ones including app, sec apps, DAT materials, and i havent even thought about interview money yet. :scared:

About the Ads

pinetar321

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
still waiting on Obama to send me money for college ROFL

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Jun 11, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Work and credit card debt! Got through applications and secondaries debt free but interviews will almost definitely be credit card debt!

LoLPoPs

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
My awesome dad pays for everything:love:
He's the best dad in the whole world!!! :laugh:
Now once I become a dentist, I'm gonna save money for his vacation trip around the world~;)

whatagirl

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
The parents... thats why I need to become a dentist and pay them back

webdog54

10+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I applied last summer, my parents have always helped me out. Best parents ever, I can't wait to repay them back somehow.

ucla2134

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
My Mom and Dad! I cannot wait to become a dentist and buy them something nice. I love you my parents, thats why i work so hard:oops:

longhornpride

10+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
already about 25k in debt because of undergrad. what's another 3 or 4 thousand going to do right? :rolleyes:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.