How are you paying for the application process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atticus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've been sitting here thinking about how ridiculously expensive the entire application process is. First the DAT, then sending scores, then the primary apps, then the secondary apps, then interviews... It seems like the process never ends! Between my wife and I we make very decent money ( I work for the government and she's a dental hygienest)-- and we're still freaking out a bit. I can't imagine applying as a poor college student. With this in mind, how are you affording it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
climbing into more debt (credit cards)

Full-time job.. while everyone is saving "paid time off" days for vacation, I am saving them for interviews.. sad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm working part time and paying cash for everything. I make commission though, so I work 25 hours but usually get paid for 35+.

Last edited:
part time oral surgery assisting. Barely enough to cover it all including interview money. I have like 15 checks in the mail totaling like close to 1000$ waiting to be cashed =/ ... only 3 schools cashed em so far. Sad trip.

nope, the interest is a killa :idea:

working the street corner. luckily, no one notices when I miss the occasional day because I have an interview. Though sometimes I like to use my sick days. My pimp gets mad, but I do what I want.

I'm just kidding, no but seriously if you're into that kinda thing.

HAHAHA :)

as for me...waiting tables and pulling out of my savings.
AND praying that the schools will not cash the checks at the same time. lol

I'm lucky my parents are paying for my costs. I guess it's their way of saying "you'd better take care of us when we get old".

I'm lucky my parents are paying for my costs. I guess it's their way of saying "you'd better take care of us when we get old".

Haha, my mom reminds me of this almost every day. I'm asian so it's like, blasphemous if you don't take care of your parents and give them money once you start your career.

Haha, my mom reminds me of this almost every day. I'm asian so it's like, blasphemous if you don't take care of your parents and give them money once you start your career.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! :)

extortion, rackateering, money laundering, murder for hire. yeah....It's a doozy

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t67jwjux0Ao[/YOUTUBE]

Credit card...free money right?

Taking a dive in the deep in end of the pool of debt! It's all worth it and not that bad if I/we gain acceptance and its one big chunk of debt thats gunna suck repaying if not! So far im in almost 3 big ones including app, sec apps, DAT materials, and i havent even thought about interview money yet. :scared:

still waiting on Obama to send me money for college ROFL

Work and credit card debt! Got through applications and secondaries debt free but interviews will almost definitely be credit card debt!

My awesome dad pays for everything:love:
He's the best dad in the whole world!!! :laugh:
Now once I become a dentist, I'm gonna save money for his vacation trip around the world~;)

The parents... thats why I need to become a dentist and pay them back

I applied last summer, my parents have always helped me out. Best parents ever, I can't wait to repay them back somehow.

My Mom and Dad! I cannot wait to become a dentist and buy them something nice. I love you my parents, thats why i work so hard:oops:

already about 25k in debt because of undergrad. what's another 3 or 4 thousand going to do right? :rolleyes:

Working full time

Last edited: