How Bad Does it Look to Withdraw from Genetics?

Started by blainera
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blainera

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently in my last semester of pre-requisites and I am taking 16 credit hours. While this is a normal course load, I feel like I will have no time to study for the MCAT this semester and I am planning on taking it this summer. I am thinking about dropping my genetics class, since it is not a requirement and it is so much busy work. It is 4 credit hours including the lab which is just completely busy work. I feel like all the time I will spend on this class would be much better spent studying for the MCAT, especially since I already graduated from college and I don't need this class to fulfill any requirement.
Does anyone have any advice on if a W on my transcript would look bad? I just missed the drop deadline by a week. I also have another W from back in my college days, but it was just for a random class (European folklore) to fulfill a humanities requirement. Additionally, does it look bad to be taking only 12 hours if I drop it? I would think that the adcoms would see that I am a non-trad student and that I do have many classes to take, but I would greatly appreciate any insight. Thank you!