How bad is a 72?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GimmeHappyPills

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got the good ol PCAT score.

Verbal 74%
Biology 64%
Reading 86%
Math 44% :scared:
Chemistry 74%

Composite 72%

I'm applying to UF for next year and now I have to decide whether to re-take the PCAT in Oct. I have a 3.76 math/science GPA which will probably be a 3.8 by the end of this semester. I have 2 very good LORs, one from my former Commanding Officer in the Navy, and one from a pharmacist I worked with in Florida. I am a Florida resident, I've worked as a pharmacy tech for about 3 years all together. My personal essay will be pretty strong, and I'm sure that I can knock out an interview if given the chance. The thing is I've taken my pre-reqs over the past 7 years (while on active duty), and I am just starting my first O-chem this semester, hence the piss poor PCAT.

So basically do you guys think that a 72% will get me by, along with everything else......because I really do not want to, and can't really afford to pay another 150$ to take the test again, if I don't really need to that is. I know that a higher score will of course be better... but do you think that I have a good chance with what I have now??

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the good ol PCAT score.

Verbal 74%
Biology 64%
Reading 86%
Math 44% :scared:
Chemistry 74%

Composite 72%

I'm applying to UF for next year and now I have to decide whether to re-take the PCAT in Oct. I have a 3.76 math/science GPA which will probably be a 3.8 by the end of this semester. I have 2 very good LORs, one from my former Commanding Officer in the Navy, and one from a pharmacist I worked with in Florida. I am a Florida resident, I've worked as a pharmacy tech for about 3 years all together. My personal essay will be pretty strong, and I'm sure that I can knock out an interview if given the chance. The thing is I've taken my pre-reqs over the past 7 years (while on active duty), and I am just starting my first O-chem this semester, hence the piss poor PCAT.

So basically do you guys think that a 72% will get me by, along with everything else......because I really do not want to, and can't really afford to pay another 150$ to take the test again, if I don't really need to that is. I know that a higher score will of course be better... but do you think that I have a good chance with what I have now??

Your GPA is great:thumbup:. Your PCAT score is ok:). If you apply early, you really have a chance. One of my friend got into UF with a 75 composite score and 3.5 GPA. Your high GPA, pharmacy experience and also being a florida resident can definitely be a plus. I think you definitely have a chance.

But if you want to be more safe,please try to retake the PCAT in October(my honest opinion).