How bad is a 'C'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Colorado303

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received all A's and one B my freshman year. Now i'm a sophomore and i'm very certain that i'm about to receive a C in calculus this semester with A's in my other classes except a lab i might get a B in. Will this look bad when i start applying to pharmacy schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you need to seek help immediately. Clearly, you are suffering from neurotic prehealth syndrome. Jokes aside, one C won't destroy your chances at pharmacy school. Sure you want to avoid Cs, but one C isn't that big of a deal.

Just dont make it a habit. Keep your science/prereq gpa up. 1 c is nothing

Members don't see this ad :)
My science gpa was pretty good, but I had C's in English 101 and 102, and algebra.

I retook English 101 to prove I could have earned a better grade (A) if I had tried. I also earned an A in trigonometry, calculus, and physics, indicating I was capable of better than a C in math courses.

While this isn't a recommended path to pharmacy school, it's proof that a C won't kill your dream. Also, just my opinion, if you have a C or C's on your application you need to make yourself stand out more than other applicants in other aspects to level the playing field. I believe my EC, experience, and work history really helped my application.

I received all A's and one B my freshman year. Now i'm a sophomore and i'm very certain that i'm about to receive a C in calculus this semester with A's in my other classes except a lab i might get a B in. Will this look bad when i start applying to pharmacy schools?

The time when a C or multiple ones (and/or 50s PCAT) looked bad for a person's pharmacy application for admission was 20+years ago... You are worrying for a thing of the past.... LoL

Nothing to worry about. GL !! :)

I had two C's on my transcripts. I've improved one and am currently attempting to improve another. I don't like them there, but I think they show that you aren't perfect and have a life other than school. I think you're worrying too much. Retake if you feel it's necessary, but don't get stressed about it.

not really. you can get in with a 3.0...or lower. so one isnt that bad, maybe 5 is the max.

Reactions: 1 user
One "C" will not ruin your chances of getting into pharmacy schools. However, you might want to consider retaking the class and getting a better grade in it. Good luck!!!