How bad is a 'C'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Colorado303

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received all A's and one B my freshman year. Now i'm a sophomore and i'm very certain that i'm about to receive a C in calculus this semester with A's in my other classes except a lab i might get a B in. Will this look bad when i start applying to pharmacy schools?
 
I think you need to seek help immediately. Clearly, you are suffering from neurotic prehealth syndrome. Jokes aside, one C won't destroy your chances at pharmacy school. Sure you want to avoid Cs, but one C isn't that big of a deal.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My science gpa was pretty good, but I had C's in English 101 and 102, and algebra.

I retook English 101 to prove I could have earned a better grade (A) if I had tried. I also earned an A in trigonometry, calculus, and physics, indicating I was capable of better than a C in math courses.

While this isn't a recommended path to pharmacy school, it's proof that a C won't kill your dream. Also, just my opinion, if you have a C or C's on your application you need to make yourself stand out more than other applicants in other aspects to level the playing field. I believe my EC, experience, and work history really helped my application.
 
I received all A's and one B my freshman year. Now i'm a sophomore and i'm very certain that i'm about to receive a C in calculus this semester with A's in my other classes except a lab i might get a B in. Will this look bad when i start applying to pharmacy schools?

The time when a C or multiple ones (and/or 50s PCAT) looked bad for a person's pharmacy application for admission was 20+years ago... You are worrying for a thing of the past.... LoL

Nothing to worry about. GL !! 🙂
 
I had two C's on my transcripts. I've improved one and am currently attempting to improve another. I don't like them there, but I think they show that you aren't perfect and have a life other than school. I think you're worrying too much. Retake if you feel it's necessary, but don't get stressed about it.
 
not really. you can get in with a 3.0...or lower. so one isnt that bad, maybe 5 is the max.
 
One "C" will not ruin your chances of getting into pharmacy schools. However, you might want to consider retaking the class and getting a better grade in it. Good luck!!!