How bad is a C?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desler

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm about to get my first C in OCHEM. How bad is this? Is it true pharm schools look at grades of certain courses like ochem? I'm only interested in california pharm schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a C in my evolutionary biology class freshman year. To get my GPA up I had to do really well in all of my other math/science courses which was hard but it's definitely doable. If you don't want to retake it just focus on your other classes. You can always make up for a bad grade or two, I did! Don't worry about it too much, leave it behind and think about what you can do to improve it in the future, good luck!

So I'm about to get my first C in OCHEM. How bad is this? Is it true pharm schools look at grades of certain courses like ochem? I'm only interested in california pharm schools.

Don't worry a C isn't the end of the world. I had more than a few C's on my records (including one in my Ochem series) and I still got interviewed at 3 cali schools. Obviously, don't make C's a trend, but don't stress over one bad grade. Yeah, ochem is one of the courses that pharm schools look at, but its more of a big picture type of analysis that admissions does so just make sure you are working on looking good extra-curricularly as well as academically.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, pharmacy schools do look at Ochem. Don't worry, I got a C in Ochem I and I'm going into my P2 year. Just focus on getting better grades in your other classes to overshadow the C. You might even try taking one chem course that's above it like Biochem I and really kick it in gear for that to show you can really do better in chemistry than the C you got previously. I know I would have liked to have taken it prior to my first semester b/c we have a biochem class that kind of kicked my butt.

I got a C in my evolutionary biology class freshman year. To get my GPA up I had to do really well in all of my other math/science courses which was hard but it's definitely doable. If you don't want to retake it just focus on your other classes. You can always make up for a bad grade or two, I did! Don't worry about it too much, leave it behind and think about what you can do to improve it in the future, good luck!

Evolutionary Biology was the worst pre req course at UB..especially with prof Fourtner