How bad is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so currently i am waitlisted at my number #1 choice...i just checked my semester grades and i got a C in cell bio. I didn't anticipate the grade that i got and am now realizing that this grade may have destroyed any chance that i have of getting pulled off the waitlist..I had a course load of 21 credit hours this semester and am doing fine in all my other classes...so how badly have i hurt my chances of being pulled off the waitlist? :(

Members don't see this ad.

I really think it depends on what school it is and how much of a percentage last semester grades factor into the overall picture. I mean one C is not "terrible" and it also depends on what your grades/G.P.A. looked like for the semester as well. I mean if you were a solid candidate that did well in all pre-reqs (is BioChem a pre-req for your school), then they may just want a few more grades to add in to the picture before they admit you.

Do you know where you are on the waitlist? This would be a key factor. The higher up you are, potentially the less it matters because they need less confirmation of you being a "good applicant" for them.

As far as swaying the decision, I coudl only really see that in an instance where you are lower on the waitlist and really close to another potential applicant who got a 4.0 this semster or something. I mean, mnay candidates get into to pharmacy schools everywhere off the waitlist. The competition's rough, but I think you will be just fine.

Also, have you interviewed with them already? If so, then your chances of getting in are likely better.

GOOD LUCK!:)

Did you get A's in the other classes? How much did your gpa drop?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice guys...the waitlist is actually unranked so i have no idea where i am on the waitlist. I took biochem and did fine. This C in cell came outta nowhere i actually went into the final with a 90 and ended up with a 78 in the class after the final...i guess i'll have to send my tanscripts in and just hope for the best.

oh and i have already interviewed i've been on the waitlist since december

to follow up on this waitlist question, they care about your grades? i know thats a stupid question but i figured since admitted students only needed to finish off with C's and an overall 3.0gpa it was the same way for waitlisters. talk about screwing myself lol.

hey Drug Doc i'm actually not sure if they do or not i just assumed that since the waitlisters at my school are unranked then they might look at spring grades. At schools where the waitlist is ranked spring grades may not be an issue.