1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How bad is it?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by PharmD86, May 13, 2008.

1. PharmD86

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey guys so currently i am waitlisted at my number #1 choice...i just checked my semester grades and i got a C in cell bio. I didn't anticipate the grade that i got and am now realizing that this grade may have destroyed any chance that i have of getting pulled off the waitlist..I had a course load of 21 credit hours this semester and am doing fine in all my other classes...so how badly have i hurt my chances of being pulled off the waitlist? :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CambioElMundo

CambioElMundo Accepted Pharmacy Student
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I really think it depends on what school it is and how much of a percentage last semester grades factor into the overall picture. I mean one C is not "terrible" and it also depends on what your grades/G.P.A. looked like for the semester as well. I mean if you were a solid candidate that did well in all pre-reqs (is BioChem a pre-req for your school), then they may just want a few more grades to add in to the picture before they admit you.

Do you know where you are on the waitlist? This would be a key factor. The higher up you are, potentially the less it matters because they need less confirmation of you being a "good applicant" for them.

As far as swaying the decision, I coudl only really see that in an instance where you are lower on the waitlist and really close to another potential applicant who got a 4.0 this semster or something. I mean, mnay candidates get into to pharmacy schools everywhere off the waitlist. The competition's rough, but I think you will be just fine.

Also, have you interviewed with them already? If so, then your chances of getting in are likely better.

GOOD LUCK!:)

4. tharper14

tharper14 P1.5
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Did you get A's in the other classes? How much did your gpa drop?

5. PharmD86

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks for the advice guys...the waitlist is actually unranked so i have no idea where i am on the waitlist. I took biochem and did fine. This C in cell came outta nowhere i actually went into the final with a 90 and ended up with a 78 in the class after the final...i guess i'll have to send my tanscripts in and just hope for the best.

6. PharmD86

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    oh and i have already interviewed i've been on the waitlist since december

7. Drug Doc

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    to follow up on this waitlist question, they care about your grades? i know thats a stupid question but i figured since admitted students only needed to finish off with C's and an overall 3.0gpa it was the same way for waitlisters. talk about screwing myself lol.

8. PharmD86

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    hey Drug Doc i'm actually not sure if they do or not i just assumed that since the waitlisters at my school are unranked then they might look at spring grades. At schools where the waitlist is ranked spring grades may not be an issue.