How bad is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rldarn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This past semester I got a "F" in cellular and molecular. I will be retaking the course in the fall. The awful part is my science gpa is way low. I still have another 3 semesters to go before I'll be finished but now I'm wondering if I even have a chance. Don't you think dental schools will see that I had to retake several bio classes and pass on my application?

Members don't see this ad.

how low is "way low?" It's going to be a hinderance, and you know that-I'd do the absolute best that I could to bring my grades up if I were you. What has caused your low science gpa? sickness, something else, or just slacking off-that all probably factors into this as well. Start kicking butt to bring your gpa up.

I had no idea what I wanted to be. My father's a surgeon and really pushed that route with me. So for the first couple years I slacked off. I never wanted to go to med schoool.
When I say low I mean low, D's and F's! However I still have to finish up on my chemistry and take some more bio elective courses. I basically have all science classes to take in order to finish up within 3 semesters. Now what do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
your ****ed shouldve dropped it or something
best you can do is take massive science classes to make it up
- Danny

1 F takes 4 A's to balance

an F to your science gpa that is already bad is going to look even worse. you should definetly try to get as many A's as possible right now!

I had no idea what I wanted to be. My father's a surgeon and really pushed that route with me. So for the first couple years I slacked off. I never wanted to go to med schoool.
When I say low I mean low, D's and F's! However I still have to finish up on my chemistry and take some more bio elective courses. I basically have all science classes to take in order to finish up within 3 semesters. Now what do you think?
so are you convinced you really want to be a dentist? It sounds like it soul searching time to me...go with your heart and skills-and take some time to make the decision. It honestly sounds like dental school probably isn't the best route for you to take, but I've never met you and know very little about you. Take some time to think about what you really want to do and what makes you happy. that is my suggestion.

hey man you can still make it to dental school. If you really wanna make it in it is going to take a ton of effort and time. It is going to be something you cant just half-ass and if you don't truly want to go I would say don't bother. Remember there are post-bacc programs and masters programs you can take. Get some research or dental assisting hours to spice up your app. If you really want to go for it and apply to a lot of schools.. how is IS your gpa and sgpa?

hey man you can still make it to dental school. If you really wanna make it in it is going to take a ton of effort and time. It is going to be something you cant just half-ass and if you don't truly want to go I would say don't bother. Remember there are post-bacc programs and masters programs you can take. Get some research or dental assisting hours to spice up your app. If you really want to go for it and apply to a lot of schools.. how is IS your gpa and sgpa?

Definitely agree. If you sincerely want to get into dental school, then just get strait A's the next 3-4 semesters to boost your GPA and, more importantly, show the adcoms an upward trend.

I would try to get another B.S. degree or heavy post bacc program, taking 6~7 courses per semester for 2~2.5 years and get A- and up.

Definitely agree. If you sincerely want to get into dental school, then just get strait A's the next 3-4 semesters to boost your GPA and, more importantly, show the adcoms an upward trend.
I would try to get another B.S. degree or heavy post bacc program, taking 6~7 courses per semester for 2~2.5 years and get A- and up.

Its been 8 years.
Your friend dies of obesity, 8 years go by and you go to his grave and give him advice and say, "If you sincerely want to live, just exercise and eat right"
A bit late.

Reactions: 1 users
A bit late.

It's never too late to get back on track. What would you suggest - giving up on pre-dental applying to Walmart instead?

walmart-cashier.jpg

Its been 8 years.
Your friend dies of obesity, 8 years go by and you go to his grave and give him advice and say, "If you sincerely want to live, just exercise and eat right"
A bit late.
oh, didn't notice lol

Reactions: 1 user
It's never too late to get back on track. What would you suggest - giving up on pre-dental applying to Walmart instead?

walmart-cashier.jpg
Its been 8 years, the OP is not even active on here probably. I SUGGEST you give him this advice 8 years AGO. The advice given is so generic, especially after 8 years.
If you suggest others can benefit from this thread as an argument, then I would suggest there are hundreds of generic threads similar to this. So It is a bit LATE.
Leave you with a partying gift.

upload_2015-5-28_22-16-27.png

Wow lmao...I have no idea how I dug up this thread from 8 years ago. Sorry about that.

Reactions: 1 user
Its been 8 years, the OP is not even active on here probably. I SUGGEST you give him this advice 8 years AGO. The advice given is so generic, especially after 8 years.
If you suggest others can benefit from this thread as an argument, then I would suggest there are hundreds of generic threads similar to this. So It is a bit LATE.
Leave you with a partying gift.

View attachment 192504

This picture scares me