How bad was missing this in my interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatmeal88

Reaction score
Will being late to the the info session (presentations about the school with all students) on your interview day ruin my chances? I encountered connection issues and was about 30-40 mins late. The main portion of the interview went smoothly. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard to say. We all know that technology can be an issue with virtual interviews, but it's not a great look and some people are more understanding than others. Can't do anything about it now.

Now that you know that connection issues may be a problem, you may want to explore whether you could do your interviews somewhere with more reliable internet going forward.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an acceptance from a school I showed up an hour late for on the interview day due to mix up with East Coast/ West Coast times. I made it perfectly on time to the start of my MMIs. I made sure to email the admissions person who was hosting the interview day, immediately after, explaining the situation and how it was my dream medical school yada yada yada. I think you'll be fine as long as you explain yourself and your situation.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.