How Best to Prep for Step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhoenixAZ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to seek advice on how best to prep for Step 2 CK. I really need to ace it due to my Step 1 score and am willing to do whatever it takes. I will be taking Step 2 the first week of July and will have 4 weeks of dedicated time to study in June. So far, I have been studying for each rotations and am doing decent in the shelf exams (scored in the 80's) using books like Step Up To Medicine, Case Files, Blue Prints, etc. depending on the rotations in addition to UWorld and OnlineMed Ed.

(1) What else will you suggest for me to do before dedicated to prep for Step 2?
(2) During dedicated, is going over UWorld multiple times and doing the NBME assessments sufficient? Or do I need to go back to the books above for each areas?
(3) What other study advice/approach do I need to take during dedicated to do really well for Step 2?

Thanks! Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I only used UWorld, UWSAs, OME, and the NBMEs --> 281.

The biggest mistake I see people make is not doing the NBMEs. I studied them very closely. I did not use any books, and in general, don't advise just reading (you'll have very poor long-term content retention with just reading).

CK is even more about test-taking strategy than Step 1. It's important to reflect on why you're getting questions wrong and identify not just knowledge gaps but also systematic test-taking errors and places where your approach to questions can be improved.