How can I get a PRHO position in UK?

Started by gene
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gene

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm finishing a med school in Romania, this summer, and I'd like to get a job in UK. I want to apply for a PRHO year, before taking (hope so!!) the PLAB. Is there anyone from UK, that could help me?
Thanks a lot!
 
Hi

The best place to start is the BMJ classifieds. The online version at <a href="http://www.bmj.com" target="_blank">www.bmj.com</a> will update every week and you can subscribe to be notified by email when the new jobs come out. Most of the jobs are out about 4 or 5 months before they start in either August or February. Jobs do come up in between these time when people drop out but there's not many.

It might be worth contacting M&D Europe <a href="http://www.readmedicine.com" target="_blank">www.readmedicine.com</a> as they have set up a scheme for foreign students to do PRHO jobs in England.

Chris
 
I've seen a statistic, at British Council's site. In 2000, there were about 3000 PRHOs in UK, and only 60 were from non-EEA countrys. Not very encouraging for me, but I guess I've nothing to loose...

I'm checking those sites right now, thanks a lot. Hey, can we keep in touch, somehow? It would help me a lot