How much can good shelf scores make up for a Step2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RockClimberMed

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took Step2 yesterday...felt extremely hard...harder then any shelf by far. If I end up not doing as hot on it, will having a good track record of shelf scores make up for it all?
 
Similar to you, I felt really bad after taking Step 2 and thought I didn't do so well because the test was extremely hard. I scored in the 90+ percentile on Step 2. If you did well on your shelf exams, you will more than likely did the same on Step 2. I have never heard of anyone saying they killed Step 2 immediately after taking the exam. I think you more than likely did better than you think. Good shelf scores will not make up for an average or less than everage Step 2.
 
Similar to you, I felt really bad after taking Step 2 and thought I didn't do so well because the test was extremely hard. I scored in the 90+ percentile on Step 2. If you did well on your shelf exams, you will more than likely did the same on Step 2. I have never heard of anyone saying they killed Step 2 immediately after taking the exam. I think you more than likely did better than you think. Good shelf scores will not make up for an average or less than everage Step 2.
Ok thanks. I cant believe USMLE is getting away with 6+ weeks of not reporting scores rn. not knowing for so long is going to kill me.