How can I get my interview results over the phone? NYCOM / NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorman

TouroCOM-NY
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I had my interview on Feb. 1, 2007 at NYCOM
It went very well. In fact the interviewer told me I got the golden star by giving the answer to her last question but I don't know how to weigh it.

I called the school every week and they eventually told me that they sent me a letter last week. I live 15 min away from school so the mail should have been delivered by yesterday but nothing yet.
I wont be home for another week and I want to know the results so basically the question is:
How can I get them to give me the result over the phone...?

Any suggestions..! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

It went very well. In fact the interviewer told me I got the golden star by giving the answer to her last question but I don't know how to weigh it.

I called the school every week and they eventually told me that they sent me a letter last week. I live 15 min away from school so the mail should have been delivered by yesterday but nothing yet.
I wont be home for another week and I want to know the results so basically the question is:

Call them say u never got a letter....

Members don't see this ad :)
Call them say u never got a letter....

I did.. it is now a week that they sent it out and I still dont have it.

did any one get their result via phone?
is there any one else to talk to?

i had the same "problem". i interviewd the first week of Jan 2006. My interview group and the interview group in the week after me were getting acceptances via mail/phone. when I called I got the "can only tell we mailed a response to you" person. i live in queens and it took about 10 days from the date letter was issued and about 1 week after being sent by USPS mail.

NO FEAR!

:luck:

i had the same "problem". i interviewd the first week of Jan 2006. My interview group and the interview group in the week after me were getting acceptances via mail/phone. when I called I got the "can only tell we mailed a response to you" person. i live in queens and it took about 10 days from the date letter was issued and about 1 week after being sent by USPS mail.

NO FEAR!

:luck:

Do you know if anyone got there result via phone at all?

How can I get to someone other than this "no phone" lady?

in my interview group people did get info over the phone. "no info" lady is luck of the draw. I called 1x/week(2 weeks) after seeing my group get acceptances.

Do you know if anyone got there result via phone at all?

How can I get to someone other than this "no phone" lady?

There are a lot of legal liability issues with this. So you would be extremely lucky if you were able to get them to tell you.

There are a lot of legal liability issues with this. So you would be extremely lucky if you were able to get them to tell you.

Why is that only a problem with NYCOM? they can ask for SS# and DOB etc. to make sure of the persons ID.
beside all these many schools send results via email how come NYIT does not do that?

Your best bet is Taryn Croot. She is the assistant dean of admissions and if anyone will tell you over the phone it would be her. Do a search on the NYIT website for her phone number and call her directly, not the admissions phone number!! Good luck and I'm sure you'll be happy with their decision if you got the golden star!! :thumbup:

Hi

Your best bet is Taryn Croot. She is the assistant dean of admissions and if anyone will tell you over the phone it would be her. Do a search on the NYIT website for her phone number and call her directly, not the admissions phone number!! Good luck and I'm sure you'll be happy with their decision if you got the golden star!! :thumbup:

I sent her an email. Than you for the suggestion. if I dont hear back I will call her.

it is a little bit unnormal for a school that is so into technology not to work with email.