how can I improve my status??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mindi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I realy need to imporove my GPA,( biomedical major) but the thing is I'm gonna be senior next year , and even if I get 4.0 gpa for the next 2 semesters , I can't get the overall GPA i want, so what can I do ? post bac courses can help since I already took all my pre-med courses? or can I stay longer in school and take more science courses? and the other thing I'm concern of isthat I already withdraw 2 science courses , organic chem, I withdraw and retooke it and got B , and microbiology I withdraw and I got A- later on, you think these withdraws gonna make so much trouble for me?
Thanx inadvance:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school, but at some you can declare a second major and stay a fifth year. That would be much preferable to graduating and doing a postbac.

I wouldn't sweat the W's. I have a good few and they never came up at interviews. I'd have a good story for them just in case, though.

you could take the semesters but with a heavy load, 18 credits and that will way heavier on your gpa if you do well. thats what i did.

oh, that sounds good, so I take for example 18 credit hrs for 1 semester, and all should be science ? actually I'm kinda concern that Medical school would notice that I stayed 5 years in school and that's not a good thing to improve the GPA, is it? and do they calculate the post bacc GPA separately than undergrad GPA?