How can I meet an optometry student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KJfromCali

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I live in California and would like to chat with someone about their optometry school experience--either a current student or a recent grade. Can you suggest how I might find someone without seeming like a creeper?

Thanks!
KJ
 
Yes, along with head shots...

Alternatively, they can talk to me about their experiences and offer personal guidance. Either way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In all seriousness, there are many optometry students here. Just give the message. If you can't meet up in person you can always chat or Skype if they don't mind
 
Also you can always call/email an optometry school and say "I'd like to talk to a current student about xyz. Can you help me?" some schools specifically have student 'ambassadors' who can answer questions and would be happy to talk to pre-optometry students.
 
@KJfromCali I'm a current first year optometry student and would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.