how close to live?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abs1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey eyeguy, how impt is it to live close to opt school? :confused:

Some say 15 mins is fine, others say anything past 1 min is too much. I am going to live 15 mins away and hope to do a lot of studying at home. Does it really make a difference? Thanks, man. :cool: :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey abs1.. I'm going to be commuting from my parents house so I'm glad you asked this question. It's going to be at least a thirty minute drive for me in the morning. I plan on staying at school to study for the most part since I know as soon as I get home my mom's going to want to talk. ;) Good question!

Anyone know anything about this???? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
abs1

I'll give you my perspective on living close.... I currently live close to my medical school and I love that feeling that I'm close to it so I can use the facilities easily.... Use the gym, library, computers, etc.

Some people have told me that they like to live away from the school so that they can somewhat take a break from the school atmosphere....

I guess the moral of my thought is "WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT!!!" :cool:

abs 1,
sorry for the delay, I was out of town. How close you live to school is completely up to you. I have lived a few minutes away which is great but was not in as nice an area as i live in now which is 20 minutes away. I prefer where i am living now but it can be a pain when you forget something at school or have a few hours off and making the trip home is not worth it so you are stuck waiting. If you plan on being a home study kind of person disreguard the distance to school and concentrate on finding a nice place to live that will allow you to study..ie not next to a frat house. All in all i think where you live will not matter much once you get going. after all, you will probably sign a year lease and can easily move closer or farther away after that. Go ahead and find a safe place whereever it is that you want to live. Here at uab most people live at least 10 minutes away, some as far as 30min. If there is a really nice place nearby..take it but if not don't sweat it. eyeguy :D

Thats exactly why i asked you, eyeguy! You always tell it like is.

:cool: You the man!!!! :cool: