how cold is it in baltimore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neecie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've heard that it's freezing cold at night, so i was wondering if anyone could give any advice on how much clothing i need to bring when i head over there for an interview in november.

i hope this question doesn't sound stupid ... i'm used to the west coast sun :)
thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Just got back from Hopkins a few days ago. Definitely take a coat with you and some sweaters/sweatshirts if you plan on doing any kind of sightseeing.

It was actually pretty nice while I was there, somewhere in the mid 60s range up to a high in the low 80s. Some of the med students said that was unseasonably warm for this time of year however.

I'm not an expert on Baltimore weather, but I'd say November would be downright freezing.

coop is a JHU student, perhaps he can guide you better than me.

i was there yesterday. it wasnt that cold; i was only wearing a sweater. keep a leather jacket; it gets very cold in Nov. usually cloth sweater / sweatshirts donts work there..

Members don't see this ad :)
November is the time when the temperature begins to drop below tolerable (I'm from southern cali, so anything below 70 is freezing). Bring a nice coat and sweater. This way you can choose whatever feels comfortable to you.

neecie,
first of all, congrats on the interview!
I used to live up there..... november can get pretty chilly, especially on the waterfront downtown.
You DEFINITELY want to bring a coat
(maybe a raincoat/liner) but also a sweater or suit jacket (depending on what you are wearing to your interview).
I'd also bring some gloves so that your hands stay nice and warm and you don't shock anyone when you shake their hand! :eek:
Lastly, I'd suggest doing the old "weather channel check" a couple days before......
GOOD LUCK!
L :)

I've lived here all of my life. We have cold winters and hot/humid summers. Take this how you will.

Can I live?
--Jigga :D

thanks for all your help guys. i'll be sure to bring a warm coat ... excuse to go shopping. heehee :)