How come no one mentions Mercy College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ngozi Onyema

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My past Physical Therapist Assistant co-worker said that she was going to Mercy College for their DPT program. I'm searching online and I can barely find anything about it but even when I was in school for PTA i remember hearing Mercy College mentioned as the school to go to for DPT. Anyway I'm applying. But they are not part of PTCAS and it seems they don't have an application for the Physical Therapy department specifically, instead you just apply for the graduate school and indicate that you are applying for DPT. I tried to find a video of something on the DPT program at Mercy but got nothing. The website isn't saying much either but it does specify what is needed. So I'll just apply.
 
You might want to give the program a call to make sure that there is no other application that you need. Most DPT programs are used to taking these types of calls and are happy to help out and answer questions. It also makes you look good and shows that you really care about getting into the program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Remember that Mercy College is a weekend program...this is not typical to most dpt programs. classes are only held on fri, sat, and sun
 
Oh yeah that's right it is only weekends. I think i knew that and forgot. I don't think I'll be doing that, wouldn't that make it take longer to finish. It would probably stretch it to a 5 year program.
 
It would take you 3 years and 4 months. Check the FSBPT website to see the pass rates for all PT Schools.