ERdoc

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Status
Well I just received my board scores today and was not as happy with the score I received...especially with the time I put into studying for them...Anyways I was curious (and I did search for other threads like this but could not find any) how competitive someone with a 224 step 1 score and top 1/2 of class would be for EM. Like what kind of program would I be competitive for (university based program, competitive programs, etc.) Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks

USAF MD '05

Just another dumb ER doc.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
across the pond
Status
Attending Physician
ERdoc said:
Well I just received my board scores today and was not as happy with the score I received...especially with the time I put into studying for them...Anyways I was curious (and I did search for other threads like this but could not find any) how competitive someone with a 224 step 1 score and top 1/2 of class would be for EM. Like what kind of program would I be competitive for (university based program, competitive programs, etc.) Any comments would be helpful.

C'mon- Who's gonna say it.....

About the Ads

NinerNiner999

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2003
Where it's at.
Status
Attending Physician
Fatty McFattypants. There. Done.

wook

Just a hairy situation
15+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2002
Where the tides of madness swell
Status
Attending Physician
USAF MD '05 said:
ERdoc said:

C'mon- Who's gonna say it.....
Make it stop......Please make it stop...... :barf:

Jeff698

EM/EMS nerd
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2000
Salado, Texas
Status
Attending Physician
5 hours, 29 minutes (plus or minus time zones)..

My how this conversation has gotten compressed.

Well done.

Take care,
Jeff

USAF MD '05

Just another dumb ER doc.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
across the pond
Status
Attending Physician
Pshew...(breathes sigh of releif)...

docB

Chronically painful
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
Status
Attending Physician
I need to bump that old spoof "what are my chances" thread.

margaritaboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2003
The Desert
Status
Attending Physician
ERdoc said:

Thanks
You'll probably be fine.

About the Ads