How competitive am I?

Started by salmonella
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

salmonella

Gram-Negative Rods
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MS4 just started thinking about radiology. Step 1: mid 230's, no honors third year (in a pass/fail/honor system), several publications/abstracts. Is this competitive in california? How many programs should I apply to?
 
Apply to as many programs as you would be willing to go to. The lack of honors third year might hurt your chances in California, but your stats otherwise should help you match somewhere.
 
Is it possible to match out west anywhere (CA, WA, OR, CO, AZ, UT) with a mid 220's Step1, a pub, volunteer work and decent grades. I'm not really interested in staying at my University for training even though I have the best shot there, just because I would prefer to practice out West.