How competitive is UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfpropsychguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well with there interviews. I wanted to get some feedback from those of you that know U of Florida. I'm currently doing a rotation in one of the more prestigious programs in NY and I mentioned to some residents and attendings that Im interviewing at UF. They were shocked I would even "think of going there".
Thanks and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently doing a rotation in one of the more prestigious programs in NY and I mentioned to some residents and attendings that Im interviewing at UF. They were shocked I would even "think of going there".

You're in New York. There's probably only 5-10 programs outside of NYC they WOULDN'T say that about (and even then, probably only grudgingly).

That said, UF would not typically be considered a competitive program, depending on your perspective. Which isn't to say it's a bad program. I've heard nice things.

And by the way, Billy Donovan sucks.

You're in New York. There's probably only 5-10 programs outside of NYC they WOULDN'T say that about (and even then, probably only grudgingly).

That said, UF would not typically be considered a competitive program, depending on your perspective. Which isn't to say it's a bad program. I've heard nice things.

And by the way, Billy Donovan sucks.

Billy D is God!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ummm, I hate to break it to you but Billy D is not god...for I am GOD and their can be but one master :D

UF is going to be going through a prickly "pins-and-needles" kind of interview season given what happened to them in the match last season.

For those of you who don't know, someone in the UF psychiatry chain of command failed to "certify and submit" their Rank-Ordered List of desired applicants and their proverbial cupboards were embarrassingly bare come Match Time. They filled 0 out of 7 (?) positions. They had to scramble to fill all of their positions. :eek:

Unbelievable, but an impressive rumor and quite possibly true--I just read about it on here last year. So if it did indeed happen, there will be more than a few sets of hypervigilant eyes peering into the goings-on this year.

Cheers and good luck to all of you:luck:

someone in the UF psychiatry chain of command failed to "certify and submit" their Rank-Ordered List of desired applicants and their proverbial cupboards were embarrassingly bare come Match Time. They filled 0 out of 7 (?) positions. They had to scramble to fill all of their positions.

It was Billy Donovan's fault.

He sucks, by the way.

UF is going to be going through a prickly "pins-and-needles" kind of interview season given what happened to them in the match last season.

For those of you who don't know, someone in the UF psychiatry chain of command failed to "certify and submit" their Rank-Ordered List of desired applicants and their proverbial cupboards were embarrassingly bare come Match Time. They filled 0 out of 7 (?) positions. They had to scramble to fill all of their positions. :eek:

Unbelievable, but an impressive rumor and quite possibly true--I just read about it on here last year. So if it did indeed happen, there will be more than a few sets of hypervigilant eyes peering into the goings-on this year.

Cheers and good luck to all of you:luck:

It was not a rumor--just one of the most monumental administrative screw-ups of all time. I believe it was dealt with, and that UF is going to have the most iron-clad, quadruple checked rank list of all time this year. It shouldn't reflect on the program as a whole, and they should recover.

It still might have been Billy Donovan's fault though...

OT discussion point: Quality of psychiatry program varies inversely with quality of intercollegiate athletics at given institution. Discuss. :smuggrin:

OT discussion point: Quality of psychiatry program varies inversely with quality of intercollegiate athletics at given institution. Discuss. :smuggrin:

Notable exception that immediately spring to mind are UCLA and Michigan (Appalachian State embarrassments notwithstanding). I'm struggling to come up with any others though.

typical arrogant NYers....most of them are full of crap.