x

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AtrociousGrades

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had a couple of B's in my postbac and my cycle turned out fine. Getting one B in your PB is not going to harm you much.

However, unless you can come up with a better reason for the W than what you stated e.g. family emergency, medical emergency, etc. , Adcoms might be a little suspicious.

Just my $0.02. I could be wrong. @Goro @LizzyM

I had a couple of B's in my postbac and my cycle turned out fine. Getting one B in your PB is not going to harm you much.

However, unless you can come up with a better reason for the W than what you stated e.g. family emergency, medical emergency, etc. , Adcoms might be a little suspicious.

Just my $0.02. I could be wrong. @Goro @LizzyM
I agree

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Concisely: 43 quarter units into a DIY postbacc with a 4.0. Gen Chem Down, Bio in the works.

Calc I not going well due to a variety of reasons. Have righted the ship, but in a hole - almost positive I could get an A if I had proper bearings/resources to begin quarter with. Professor not helpful at all.

When evaluating outcomes, B > W > C I imagine? Or is a W preferential to a B if I think I could get an A next attempt? I need to see how the next 10 days goes but I just wanted some input before decision time rolls around.

Thank you.

A sprinkling of B's in a postbac are fine.

I probably would take the W over the C and add an explanation somewhere. Multiple W's will look like F's.

I agree. If I'm scanning a transcript a W in the middle of a bunch of A's will raise my eyebrow way more than a B.