This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I had a couple of B's in my postbac and my cycle turned out fine. Getting one B in your PB is not going to harm you much.

However, unless you can come up with a better reason for the W than what you stated e.g. family emergency, medical emergency, etc. , Adcoms might be a little suspicious.

Just my $0.02. I could be wrong. @Goro @LizzyM
 
I had a couple of B's in my postbac and my cycle turned out fine. Getting one B in your PB is not going to harm you much.

However, unless you can come up with a better reason for the W than what you stated e.g. family emergency, medical emergency, etc. , Adcoms might be a little suspicious.

Just my $0.02. I could be wrong. @Goro @LizzyM
I agree
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Concisely: 43 quarter units into a DIY postbacc with a 4.0. Gen Chem Down, Bio in the works.

Calc I not going well due to a variety of reasons. Have righted the ship, but in a hole - almost positive I could get an A if I had proper bearings/resources to begin quarter with. Professor not helpful at all.

When evaluating outcomes, B > W > C I imagine? Or is a W preferential to a B if I think I could get an A next attempt? I need to see how the next 10 days goes but I just wanted some input before decision time rolls around.

Thank you.

A sprinkling of B's in a postbac are fine.

I probably would take the W over the C and add an explanation somewhere. Multiple W's will look like F's.