How did they find me?

Started by Pharm47
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharm47

Just keep running...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just recieved this email from my undergraduate college:

"Hi Pharm47,

We recently discovered you applied for a pharmacy graduate program last year. We are compiling a list of alums who are pursuing (or who have pursued) a degree in pharmacy and would like to know if you are currently in a pharmacy graduate program. Whether or not you are in school, we would appreciate getting an update on your activities since graduation. Thank you."

First of all, I didn't apply last year. I filled out Pharmcas, but never e-submitted. Second of all, how the heck did my school get this information? Does Pharmcas contact your schools? I feel violated...
 
I just recieved this email from my undergraduate college:

"Hi Pharm47,

We recently discovered you applied for a pharmacy graduate program last year. We are compiling a list of alums who are pursuing (or who have pursued) a degree in pharmacy and would like to know if you are currently in a pharmacy graduate program. Whether or not you are in school, we would appreciate getting an update on your activities since graduation. Thank you."

First of all, I didn't apply last year. I filled out Pharmcas, but never e-submitted. Second of all, how the heck did my school get this information? Does Pharmcas contact your schools? I feel violated...


Did you order your transcripts from them last year? That's pretty crazy though, my college has too many people, I doubt they even notice anything like that.
 
Did you order your transcripts from them last year? That's pretty crazy though, my college has too many people, I doubt they even notice anything like that.

I didn't. I just filled out Pharmcas - never requested transcripts or anything! Well my school is pretty small (<1400), and I requested transcripts and LORs from professors this year...so maybe that has something to do with it. I suppose I'm being paranoid, but I've put a lot of effort into "disappearing" from my school - I'm sick of all the requests for $$$!
 
Hehe. It must be the transcripts. They can tell from that sheet you had to include with them. At least they won't notice me... my school has 35,000.