How did they find me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm47

Just keep running...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recieved this email from my undergraduate college:

"Hi Pharm47,

We recently discovered you applied for a pharmacy graduate program last year. We are compiling a list of alums who are pursuing (or who have pursued) a degree in pharmacy and would like to know if you are currently in a pharmacy graduate program. Whether or not you are in school, we would appreciate getting an update on your activities since graduation. Thank you."

First of all, I didn't apply last year. I filled out Pharmcas, but never e-submitted. Second of all, how the heck did my school get this information? Does Pharmcas contact your schools? I feel violated...

Members don't see this ad.

I just recieved this email from my undergraduate college:

"Hi Pharm47,

We recently discovered you applied for a pharmacy graduate program last year. We are compiling a list of alums who are pursuing (or who have pursued) a degree in pharmacy and would like to know if you are currently in a pharmacy graduate program. Whether or not you are in school, we would appreciate getting an update on your activities since graduation. Thank you."

First of all, I didn't apply last year. I filled out Pharmcas, but never e-submitted. Second of all, how the heck did my school get this information? Does Pharmcas contact your schools? I feel violated...

Did you order your transcripts from them last year? That's pretty crazy though, my college has too many people, I doubt they even notice anything like that.

Did you order your transcripts from them last year? That's pretty crazy though, my college has too many people, I doubt they even notice anything like that.

I didn't. I just filled out Pharmcas - never requested transcripts or anything! Well my school is pretty small (<1400), and I requested transcripts and LORs from professors this year...so maybe that has something to do with it. I suppose I'm being paranoid, but I've put a lot of effort into "disappearing" from my school - I'm sick of all the requests for $$$!

Hehe. It must be the transcripts. They can tell from that sheet you had to include with them. At least they won't notice me... my school has 35,000.