How did you do (1/20/07)?

Started by Falokis
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Falokis

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just wanted to see how everyone thinks they did by section.

Bio - 99% My med tech degree is pure bio/biochem. I can honestly say that I knew all but 7 answers before I even looked down at the choices. 2 of them I knew after reading the choices. The other 5 were educated guesses. I suck at guessing though.

Chem - 90%+ I knew most of it without having to think about it. Not like bio, but I feel that I didn't miss many at all.

Math - No clue. Seems everyone thought that it was hard. I'm glad. I found it to be much harder than expected and I've always made A's in math. I swear they only gave us 35mins on it. It's the only section I didn't finish. I guessed on the last 8 or 9 due to lack of time. The ones I did do, I feel I got right unless I misread the problem. It wasn't hard, it was just more time consuming than I expected. Blah.

Verbal - 40-80% I was easier than I expected, but I still suck at verbal. There is no telling. No score would suprise me.

Reading Comp. - 40-80% Like verbal, reading comp isn't my strong suit. Never has been on any standardized test. I feel I did okay because I was actually interested in the subjects of most of the passages. That always helps.

Writing - 3 I'm not expecting anything better than average on writing. My hand was cramping like crazy during the whole thing. It sucked. Anyhow, I did okay I'm sure.

Composite - 80-90% I wanted a 90%+ and I expected to get 90%+ in math, bio, and chem.... but math kicked my butt this time.
 
99 percent bio, seems like you're pretty confident. That's good! I didn't think the bio was that easy, but definitely easier than math. Seems like everyone did bad in math. Verbal and reading i'm on the same boat as you, I won't be surprised if i get below a 50 or higher than 80, who knows. Chem was easy, but I wasn't expecting that much organic. I didn't really study for the exam though, I just walked in basically. Just took the exam at the end of a kaplan book which I borrowed from my friend, that's it.
 
I felt pretty good about the whole test overall, but that's what I thought last October and was embarrassed when I got my results. I am sure I did better than last time though. Bio was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be; There were some questions I had never learned about. Chemistry was okay; I'm not really worried about it because it was my highest last time. Verbal and reading comp are always my weak points. I always have a hard time choosing the BEST answer. Math was kinda hard because of time limitations but I survived through it. The writing I did well on, it just wasn't very long. I type faster than I write by hand. I am just especially glad that it's over with and I never have to take a PCAT again in my life........... hopefully.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you'll be surprised how well your scores turn out. I had the same feelings about each section and my composite was well over 90%. Some people in here posted results like

Bio: 99
Chem: 95
Math: 50
Verbal and Reading: 70s
Composite: 95

proof that you can bomb one section and still come out in the 90s! 👍
 
I think I did much better on this test than when I took it in October(76th percentile). Overall I think I probably made somewhere in the 80s, the only part I am a little worried about is the writing I felt kind of rushed but hopefully I did okay.
 
oh%20snap.jpg
 
Hello, I've recently gotten my January '07 Scores:
Verbal 55
Bio 95
Reading 62
Math 40 (WHAT?!!!)
Chem 99
Composite: 92
Writing: 2

The irony is, I'm good at math and physical chemistry... Oh well!

I think I did really really well, and I'm very optimistic.
Where do I go from there? Are my scores good? Am I Pharmacy School material?... help!
 
Hello, I've recently gotten my January '07 Scores:
Verbal 55
Bio 95
Reading 62
Math 40 (WHAT?!!!)
Chem 99
Composite: 92
Writing: 2

The irony is, I'm good at math and physical chemistry... Oh well!

I think I did really really well, and I'm very optimistic.
Where do I go from there? Are my scores good? Am I Pharmacy School material?... help!

You have a 92 overall with high scores for the natural science sections. So yes, you're fine.

C'mon guys, if you have a composite of above the typical average range of 80-85, then I don't think you all need to worry.😉
 
I just wanted to see how everyone thinks they did by section.

Bio - 99% My med tech degree is pure bio/biochem. I can honestly say that I knew all but 7 answers before I even looked down at the choices. 2 of them I knew after reading the choices. The other 5 were educated guesses. I suck at guessing though.

Chem - 90%+ I knew most of it without having to think about it. Not like bio, but I feel that I didn't miss many at all.

Math - No clue. Seems everyone thought that it was hard. I'm glad. I found it to be much harder than expected and I've always made A's in math. I swear they only gave us 35mins on it. It's the only section I didn't finish. I guessed on the last 8 or 9 due to lack of time. The ones I did do, I feel I got right unless I misread the problem. It wasn't hard, it was just more time consuming than I expected. Blah.

Verbal - 40-80% I was easier than I expected, but I still suck at verbal. There is no telling. No score would suprise me.

Reading Comp. - 40-80% Like verbal, reading comp isn't my strong suit. Never has been on any standardized test. I feel I did okay because I was actually interested in the subjects of most of the passages. That always helps.

Writing - 3 I'm not expecting anything better than average on writing. My hand was cramping like crazy during the whole thing. It sucked. Anyhow, I did okay I'm sure.

Composite - 80-90% I wanted a 90%+ and I expected to get 90%+ in math, bio, and chem.... but math kicked my butt this time.


Well, you had yourself pretty well pegged, I see 🙂 Still, you met your goal of a 90+ overall! Congrats - you ought to be very pleased!
 
How is the composite score calculated? According to which parameteres?
Hello, I've recently gotten my January '07 Scores:
Verbal 55
Bio 95
Reading 62
Math 40 (WHAT?!!!)
Chem 99
Composite: 92
Writing: 2

The irony is, I'm good at math and physical chemistry... Oh well!

I think I did really really well, and I'm very optimistic.
Where do I go from there? Are my scores good? Am I Pharmacy School material?... help!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad