How did you do (1/20/07)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Falokis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to see how everyone thinks they did by section.

Bio - 99% My med tech degree is pure bio/biochem. I can honestly say that I knew all but 7 answers before I even looked down at the choices. 2 of them I knew after reading the choices. The other 5 were educated guesses. I suck at guessing though.

Chem - 90%+ I knew most of it without having to think about it. Not like bio, but I feel that I didn't miss many at all.

Math - No clue. Seems everyone thought that it was hard. I'm glad. I found it to be much harder than expected and I've always made A's in math. I swear they only gave us 35mins on it. It's the only section I didn't finish. I guessed on the last 8 or 9 due to lack of time. The ones I did do, I feel I got right unless I misread the problem. It wasn't hard, it was just more time consuming than I expected. Blah.

Verbal - 40-80% I was easier than I expected, but I still suck at verbal. There is no telling. No score would suprise me.

Reading Comp. - 40-80% Like verbal, reading comp isn't my strong suit. Never has been on any standardized test. I feel I did okay because I was actually interested in the subjects of most of the passages. That always helps.

Writing - 3 I'm not expecting anything better than average on writing. My hand was cramping like crazy during the whole thing. It sucked. Anyhow, I did okay I'm sure.

Composite - 80-90% I wanted a 90%+ and I expected to get 90%+ in math, bio, and chem.... but math kicked my butt this time.

Members don't see this ad.

99 percent bio, seems like you're pretty confident. That's good! I didn't think the bio was that easy, but definitely easier than math. Seems like everyone did bad in math. Verbal and reading i'm on the same boat as you, I won't be surprised if i get below a 50 or higher than 80, who knows. Chem was easy, but I wasn't expecting that much organic. I didn't really study for the exam though, I just walked in basically. Just took the exam at the end of a kaplan book which I borrowed from my friend, that's it.

I felt pretty good about the whole test overall, but that's what I thought last October and was embarrassed when I got my results. I am sure I did better than last time though. Bio was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be; There were some questions I had never learned about. Chemistry was okay; I'm not really worried about it because it was my highest last time. Verbal and reading comp are always my weak points. I always have a hard time choosing the BEST answer. Math was kinda hard because of time limitations but I survived through it. The writing I did well on, it just wasn't very long. I type faster than I write by hand. I am just especially glad that it's over with and I never have to take a PCAT again in my life........... hopefully.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you'll be surprised how well your scores turn out. I had the same feelings about each section and my composite was well over 90%. Some people in here posted results like

Bio: 99
Chem: 95
Math: 50
Verbal and Reading: 70s
Composite: 95

proof that you can bomb one section and still come out in the 90s! :thumbup:

I think I did much better on this test than when I took it in October(76th percentile). Overall I think I probably made somewhere in the 80s, the only part I am a little worried about is the writing I felt kind of rushed but hopefully I did okay.

oh%20snap.jpg

Hello, I've recently gotten my January '07 Scores:
Verbal 55
Bio 95
Reading 62
Math 40 (WHAT?!!!)
Chem 99
Composite: 92
Writing: 2

The irony is, I'm good at math and physical chemistry... Oh well!

I think I did really really well, and I'm very optimistic.
Where do I go from there? Are my scores good? Am I Pharmacy School material?... help!

Verbal 55
Bio 95
Reading 62
Math 40 (WHAT?!!!)
Chem 99

Where do I go from there? Are my scores good? Am I Pharmacy School material?... help!

You have a 92 overall with high scores for the natural science sections. So yes, you're fine.

C'mon guys, if you have a composite of above the typical average range of 80-85, then I don't think you all need to worry.;)

I just wanted to see how everyone thinks they did by section.

Bio - 99% My med tech degree is pure bio/biochem. I can honestly say that I knew all but 7 answers before I even looked down at the choices. 2 of them I knew after reading the choices. The other 5 were educated guesses. I suck at guessing though.

Chem - 90%+ I knew most of it without having to think about it. Not like bio, but I feel that I didn't miss many at all.

Math - No clue. Seems everyone thought that it was hard. I'm glad. I found it to be much harder than expected and I've always made A's in math. I swear they only gave us 35mins on it. It's the only section I didn't finish. I guessed on the last 8 or 9 due to lack of time. The ones I did do, I feel I got right unless I misread the problem. It wasn't hard, it was just more time consuming than I expected. Blah.

Verbal - 40-80% I was easier than I expected, but I still suck at verbal. There is no telling. No score would suprise me.

Reading Comp. - 40-80% Like verbal, reading comp isn't my strong suit. Never has been on any standardized test. I feel I did okay because I was actually interested in the subjects of most of the passages. That always helps.

Writing - 3 I'm not expecting anything better than average on writing. My hand was cramping like crazy during the whole thing. It sucked. Anyhow, I did okay I'm sure.

Composite - 80-90% I wanted a 90%+ and I expected to get 90%+ in math, bio, and chem.... but math kicked my butt this time.

Well, you had yourself pretty well pegged, I see :) Still, you met your goal of a 90+ overall! Congrats - you ought to be very pleased!

How is the composite score calculated? According to which parameteres?
Verbal 55
Bio 95
Reading 62
Math 40 (WHAT?!!!)
Chem 99