How did you get over your first B?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's not impossible. In fact, I totally believe someone with 4 Cs and 10 Bs could do it. That could put you in the 3.3-3.4 range, and with a mid 30s+ MCAT and Texas residency, I think someone wouldn't have too much problem getting into UT-Southwestern. If you have post-bacc experience on top of that, it makes your chances all that much better.

However... I don't really think of UT-Southwestern as a "top" school (but yes, I do know it broke the top 25 for research rankings).

lol I really think SDN has warped my view of what a competitive applicant really is
 
Have you ever had anything serious happen to you in your life? You need some perspective. Get a job and live in the real world. Very soon you will realize that literally no one cares.
 
You'll be fine. I got a B in biochem last year. I just accepted that some classes will go well while others will be a struggle. For example, that same semester I got an A and two A-s, so my GPA was still intact. I also had a tough prof for biochem. As long as your overall GPA is fine, you will be fine.