How did you react to seeing your MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I blasted Kevin Rudolf's - I Made It on my surround sound system...danced around for a bit...then went to play tennis.

Members don't see this ad.

I was volunteering in the emergency department and checking the MCAT web page whenever the patients I was visiting were discharged. Finally saw that scores were up, added the subscores up, and then added them over again. I was super happy but waited until I finished volunteering and drove back home to freak out. Dinner tasted delicious.

funny-reaction-o.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Looked at the computer.
2. Entered a realm of indecision between retaking and not retaking.
3. Decided to stop being a *****.
4. Continued on with my life.
5. Partied.

1st time: Disappointment

2nd time: RELIEF!!!!! Having to take the MCAT more than once is a pain I do not wish upon my worse enemy. Even though my score was good the second time, I could not feel happy. It was just relief.

I was in surgery all morning and well into the early afternoon. Checked my iphone obsessively but discreetly the minute I got out of surgery and finally scores were posted around 3 pm. Was very calm and did not react to my scores when I saw them - I was at lunch with a doctor. Was pleasantly surprised by my physical science score, not very pleased with my verbal though I recognized it was decent, and not-so-pleasantly surprised by the bio section. My essay score sucked just as much as I expected. Overall, I was not stoked, but was ok with it. Considered re-taking, but it was too late in the cycle and I didn't want to have to go through that again. At the end of the day, I decided to be happy because it was an overall good day after all. My first day of surgeries went smoothly and I didn't bomb the MCAT.

i had been scoring in the 40 range on practice tests but felt like i got a 28 or something on the real test

ended up pleasantly surprised with a 36 so i called up a bunch of friends, smoked a lot of weed, drank a lot of alcohol, and woke up the next morning not remember much of the night before.

**** was SO cash

I was in surgery all morning and well into the early afternoon. Checked my iphone obsessively but discreetly the minute I got out of surgery and finally scores were posted around 3 pm. Was very calm and did not react to my scores when I saw them - I was at lunch with a doctor. Was pleasantly surprised by my physical science score, not very pleased with my verbal though I recognized it was decent, and not-so-pleasantly surprised by the bio section. My essay score sucked just as much as I expected. Overall, I was not stoked, but was ok with it. Considered re-taking, but it was too late in the cycle and I didn't want to have to go through that again. At the end of the day, I decided to be happy because it was an overall good day after all. My first day of surgeries went smoothly and I didn't bomb the MCAT.

Didn't know you could become a surgeon before you got your MCAT scores back! :D

Didn't know you could become a surgeon before you got your MCAT scores back! :D

haha! no, of course not, i wish!! i am just assisting with surgeries right now. hopefully in a few years, i'll be the one doing them! :)

had sdn open and refreshed all day. made brownies to get my mind off of things. someone posted that the scores up. contemplated whether or not i should check.. and decided, heck i need to see it.. and was in complete shock. checked the scores a few times, refreshed the page... cried.. re-check scores to make sure it wasnt a nightmare.. cried some more.

The entire week before the score report was filled with dreams of me getting a 15. Got the score on my phone when I was driving with my dad and was very happy!.......... then I realized I still had an entire AMCAS to fill out :eek:

started crying with happiness... legit thought I got a 28, got a 37 instead =)

1st time: Disappointment

2nd time: RELIEF!!!!! Having to take the MCAT more than once is a pain I do not wish upon my worse enemy. Even though my score was good the second time, I could not feel happy. It was just relief.

Danggg...:scared:

I am glad there are so many good stories out there, but man. Let's just say my MCAT score day was the first day I considered smoking a cigarette I didn't but I actually thought about it.

I checked for my scores compulsively the entire day. I think they're supposed to be up at 5PM and mine went up at like 2:43. Was checking them on my phone and had everything covered... slowly started to move my hand off of the screen and looked at my score one part at a time from PS-VR-W-BS. It was basically like... wtf really? oh that one's okay... O!?!?!?!?! oooh!!!!! Resulted in overall feeling of giddiness and I ran around the beach house we rented (perhaps more accurately described as a beach mansion) for about 10 minutes before I found family members to jump around with. In hindsight - WTF an O? Really? I suppose future test takers should avoid writing about Jersey Shore and Bear Grylls.... and make sure you actually answer the question.