how did you study for the NCLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopeLYSromantic

A Cute Nurse...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be taking the NCLEX in about a month... I took a review class... I do questions (mosby index cards) and I also have a few books including one for the new style questions...

So any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I took the Nclex a few months ago and I didn't take any classes, just did questions from Saunders CD, I had the NCLEX made Incredibly Easy book, but only did the questions out of it and I took the 3 week NCSBN course at www.learningext.com which helped alot!! No amount of studying can prepare you, just don't put it off, and do questions to keep you in that mind-set. Good Luck!

Brandi

i took the kaplan review course that lasted a week and then went to their center for about a month during my free time to do additional questions. i thought the lecture portion helped me prioritize my questions better. our school subsidized the cost so it was 100 instead of 300. i also did their cd and questions from saunders. i had a lot of psychosocial questions on my boards and a lot of priority questions. i also hit the psyche portion from nclex made incredibly easy. (that section helped me get a 98% in my mental health class)

Members don't see this ad :)
*BUMP*

I'm taking it July 21st WHOOHOOO!

did anyone take the new format questions????

I didn't have any but I know a few people who did and said they were really easy.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.