How did you write your work/activities description?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MangoPlant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since we only have 700 characters, for the work/activities descriptions did you just bullet point or did you actually write a paragraph?

Members don't see this ad.

Since we only have 700 characters, for the work/activities descriptions did you just bullet point or did you actually write a paragraph?
Wrote a short essay. Formatting is an issue, so no bullet points accepted. If you don't write grammatical sentences, could sound odd to reader, as it is not like a resume format.

Reactions: 1 users
I have heard bullet points is fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, I guess people are doing both so hopefully it doesn't matter. 700 characters seems insufficient but I guess that's how it is when there are thousands of people applying.

I mixed it up depending on the activity. Some were bullets, some paragraphs - it really depends, but its fine to do both.

Reactions: 1 users
Bullets are okay, sentences are okay.

I was succinct. I used full sentences.

For shadowing, I used bullets, but everything else was paragraphic.

For activities the details of which no one would know just by the title, I included background information on what I did in said position and any other important info.

For typical experiences everyone's seen before, I used the space to write about a memorable moment and how it influenced me.

For each experience I thought relevant to medicine in some straightforward way, I also included how the experience will help me succeed as a medical student.

I think my app will go over well with those who like nicely written paragraphs that are informative and insightful. For adcoms that like bullet points, my app will not be popular.

man if only they had a specific official yearly thread about this topic

All activities were paragraphs with the exception of hobbies, awards, and shadowing.