How do I do better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samfromVA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dear friends,
I am getting sick and tired of studying for PCAT. I know and understand that I have to study to do better in exam. And I have been studying continuously for past 2 months. Whatever amount I study, I seem to not get grips on math, barely understand chemistry and barely make it through the English portion.

I just finished the second Harcourt online exam. What I want to know is that, the questions that appear in these exams are the similar kinds of questions or are mixed bad ?[/B]. It is because I do not seem to do that well in them. I get about high 80% in Biol, high 70 in Chem and Math and English. And I am scared as hell coz this is my first and last chance, before I settle down and forget about becoming a pharmacist. I appreciate any help in this matter.

Right now, I am confused as hell and mad at the same time at my own intelligence. Well not really! But still mad.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Well if you manage to get those numbers your composite should be around mid 70s which is the average for most pharm school unless its one of those very selective ones. If you have a decent GPA and EC you'll have a good shot. I'm shooting for mid 80s but probably get high 70s and with my GPA and EC i think I got a good shot. You just gotta stick at it. I do studying everyday along with my summer class it sucks but when I think about how close august is i start studying again lol.

Yeah well my GPA is about 3.3 and I have good LORs'. I don't know where I will stand if I don't perform well. Any ideas?

Uooh bummer

I dont really know, because I know most schools either look for all pcat or all gpa. I suppose a 80 pcat is doable, there are a good number of schools on PharmCas that I seen that have average 3.3 to 3.4 gpa entering class, with like 75-80 pcat. I think you do have a shot but probably not any top tier unless you hit gold with the pcat.

How you get your LOR? I don't even have one yet I dont really know what to do lol. I suppose I can ask my high school AP teacher to write me one who I'm more aquainted with lol and he's also the head of the national honor society for our high school lol. Other than that i'm out of luck. I'm hoping to find a science professor to write me one but I go to UGA and its hard and I don't really kiss azz if you know what I mean.

Members don't see this ad :)
Farcus I got to be real and honest, I have a bachelors degree from University in VA. I hope to get good LORs' from my orgo chem professor, one from pharmacy manager and one from biol professor...May be!

That is what I am thinking for now, provided they are ready to write em for me.

I have good medical background (pharmacy, doctor's office, lab etc).

Farcus do u really thing my chance is so bad? Please let me know what u think, thanks...

Don't stress man; high 70-80s still seems competitive enough, even with your 3.3. And you say that you have experience, a bachelor's, and great LOR prospects. As long as your personal statement is good, then I think you could at least score an interview somewhere.

I talked with an admissions counselor at a pharmacy school and she said that their average was around low 70s. You probably need a higher PCAT score if you're coming in from only 2 years of prereqs....but you already have your bachelors! So you're still in the running.

When are you taking the PCAT? Keep doing what you're doing and you should definitely be ready for the August, if not June.

I never said you had a bad chance to begin with. And now you say you got a BA and all those EC i'm sure it'll more than make up for the 3.3 if you just get around 70-80. I'm sure you'll be at the playing field. I'm not in pharm school so I don't really know. I'm just guessing from what I know and read the require avg for most schools.

stop watching that crap naruto and start studying

the first online harucourt test was too easy and the 2nd one too hard (relative to the real one)

stop watching that crap naruto and start studying

the first online harucourt test was too easy and the 2nd one too hard (relative to the real one)

Sounds like you know me well. How did u know I like Naruto and watch it all the time? !!!! :D :smuggrin:

Well I don't know how things are gonna fold out. I found both the Harcourt to be confusing, not in Bio or English bur in Math. I guess I am stressed and that is what is addin to my confusion.

Anyways, let me know if u know me, personally!!! U sound familiar!!!