How Do I Fare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ineedaboosta

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!! I just took the DAT today, and I'm wondering if my stats are competitive enough for the schools I'm planning on applying to.
I have an undergrad GPA of 3.4, with a sGPA of ~3.2, and my BCP is slightly lower.
My DAT scores are :
AA- 21
TS- 21
OC-24
GC-20
BIO-21
RC-21
QR-21
PAT-19

By the time applications come out, I'll have roughly ~100 hours of shadowing, ~450 hours of volunteering, ~200 research hours. I have a decent amount of ECs, including a first co-author publication and founder of a fraternity. I'm planning on applying to Western, USC, UCSF, UOP, NYU, and several others. Do I have a good shot? And how else should I enhance my app? What other schools should I add to my list as well? Thanks for the input!!
 
Good DAT, fantastic ECs, the GPA is low imho.
Do you have a significant upward trend in your GPA?
 
Good DAT, fantastic ECs, the GPA is low imho.
Do you have a significant upward trend in your GPA?
Err..my last two quarters of undergrad I did well, but other than that it was across the board. I'm also going to be attending a post-bac during the application process to finish pre-reqs/take more science courses!
 
Roughly the same GPA as me and higher DAT. I would add schools like Nova, LECOM, UNE, Midwestern AZ, BU, Tufts