Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How do I go about getting a car?

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by md_student2b, Jul 17, 2002.

1. md_student2b

md_student2b Member

Hey there,
    Maybe someone can give me a hand with this problem:) .
    I just got off waitlist and have a little less than 6 weeks to the beginning of school. I need a car, badly. Where I'm going (UCI) its pretty much a necessity. I've heard that federal med loans aren't supposed to be used to buy a car, so will I get any help from my school? My family only has one automobile, and its in pretty bad shape to boot. We've only got one wage-earner in the household and no credit. To get an idea of how low down the socioeconomic ladder I am, I actually got an AMCAS fee waiver. Any suggestions?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sliceOheaven

sliceOheaven Member

Usually when you recieve financial aid they will typically give you more money than what the tuition costs. You can use this for food, rent, or a car, they won't know the difference.

4. KyGrlDr2B

That's true that they won't know what you spend your living expenses on. But if you are going to spend all of it on living and wont have enough left for a car, maybe you will need another source. You should ask your financial aid office about it. They are usually really helpful. :)