how do i go about this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chasingmytail

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm getting ready to research schools and I was wondering what are the major criteria that I should be looking at? What do YOU look for?

Location? Matches? How do you find out about such things as percentage of students enetering a certain residency such as surgery, pediatrics, or subspecialties etc?

I'm kind of lost as how to go about this search for schools. Also where is it specified that a certain school accepts only in-state applicants? Are they mainly the public state school affiliated med schools like SUNY in ny?

Thanx guys and gals =)
 
i think youre in the wrong forum

chasingmytail said:
So I'm getting ready to research schools and I was wondering what are the major criteria that I should be looking at? What do YOU look for?

Location? Matches? How do you find out about such things as percentage of students enetering a certain residency such as surgery, pediatrics, or subspecialties etc?

I'm kind of lost as how to go about this search for schools. Also where is it specified that a certain school accepts only in-state applicants? Are they mainly the public state school affiliated med schools like SUNY in ny?

Thanx guys and gals =)