How do I proceed to retake courses for grade replacement?

r3d3

Oct 21, 2013
  1. Pre-Medical
    I went to an LAC and took 2 semesters of intro biology, 2 semesters of gen chemistry, and 1 semester of organic chemistry. I also took a semester of a biology seminar.

I then transferred to my state school for the cheaper tuition.

I ended up taking 1 more upper level science course according to aacom guidelines.

Taking aacom gpa guidelines and my courses into account, I have a 2.77 sgpa with 27 credit hours.

If I want to retake my 2 semesters of intro biology, 2 semesters of gen chemistry, and 1 semester of organic chemistry at my state school, will those grades replace my grades from my LAC essentially?

Also, what should I shoot for science gpa wise? If I am able to replace my grades and I ace the retakes, then my science gpa will shoot up to around a 3.5-3.7.

My cum gpa is only going to be about a 3.0 once I graduate, but the prereq retakes can potentially boost it to a 3.1-3.2,and then I can possibly take more upper level science courses in order to boost it to a 3.3-3.5.

Approximately how many credit hours for post bacc assuming I graduate with 124 credit hours, 3.0 cum gpa, 2.77 science gpa?

Edit: I'm a bio major who switched to comp sci after transferring. I'm 26 credit hours away from graduating. I plan on finishing off my comp sci degree before going back and fixing the science gpa.

JDMcNugent

7+ Year Member
    May 5, 2013
    1. Medical Student (Accepted)
      I believe it needs to be the same or more credit hours. I was told over the phone by aacomas that it was okay to do a re-take that was 3 credit hours when the original was 4 credit hours but found out later that this is not true. The credits need to be greater than or equal to the original course.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.