Medical How do I report IAs not reported in AMCAS?

Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyngyn

Alta California
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received my IA report from my institution that I have a minor IA that I was unaware of in freshmen year (non alcohol or cheating related). How do I report these IAs - after the 7/10 transmission or before?
They should be reported in the primary AMCAS application. Here is the instruction:
Institutional Action: Medical schools need to know if you were ever the recipient of any institutional action resulting from unacceptable academic performance or a conduct violation, even if such action did not interrupt your enrollment, require you to withdraw, or does not appear on your official transcripts due to institutional policy or personal petition.
 
I unfortunately already submitted my AMCAS for verification, and as far as I know I am unable to reverse this. I read on the AMCAS guideline and saw that I am now responsible for reporting the IA's to each medical schools individually and was wondering how this should be done (timeline mainly, before or after transmission). Sorry for not including that information.
I recommend that you contact all parties as soon as possible. That would include AMCAS as well as any school to which you have applied or plan to apply. Email should be sufficient.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.