How do Medical Schools view publications?

Started by marsle85
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

marsle85

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greetings,

Currently I am fulfilling my time as a Post-bacc student at Drexel. I have just received some awesome news that I will be published next year! I was curious how medical schools view the published individual. Is this a total win for me? Or just something nice to have on my application? I will be published in the Journal of Attention Disorders which I'm totally thrilled about... I'm just hoping my medical school of choice will be too! 🙂

Let me know what you guys think, thanks a lot.
 
So what do you want?

Will it make up for a 25 MCAT or a 3.1 GPA? No

But it will look like a very good, solid EC.