petlee1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Am I off to a good start for dental school?

Calculus & analytic geometry
General Chem
Honors freshmen English
Liberal arts seminar

13 credits total

Thanks

OP
petlee1

petlee1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
My school strictly insisted that I take less than 15 first semester. I will add another class for sure 2nd semester if it goes well. I won't be behind with this scheldule right? I do have 14 credits from ap w/ ap bio though.

May 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Would any of you necessarily say i am behind? my classes are
General Chemistry
Psychology
Comp 1.
College Algebra
13 as well
im not taking any honors starting out my 1st semester, is that necesarily going to hurt me alot?

Doc Smile

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2008
Library
Status
Dental Student
Try taking an easy 1 or 2 credit course or gen ed requirement to bump it up to 15. You are going to have ssooooo much free time with only 13 credits then you are going to get used to only having13 credits then you wont preform as well when you do take more. You might as well just get in the rhythm NOW.

Doc Smile

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2008
Library
Status
Dental Student
Just take intro to psychology (SUPER EASY), but you really should double up that science and take your first year of bio...

rewJW

surviving
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
Status
Dentist
I do have 14 credits from ap w/ ap bio though.
Just FYI now, many schools will not accept AP credits for prereqs. The ADEA official guide to dental schools will tell you which do or do not.

OP
petlee1

petlee1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
But are my current courses still good for 1st semester w/o extra courses? It's not bad is it?

mx41

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2006
Status
Liberal arts seminar? That course is garbage you won't need it for anything. Replace it with an easy gen ed that would bump up your credit hours to 14 or 15.