How do optometry school feel about corporate optometry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mupreopt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have opinions about corporate optometry.
Are optometry schools, specifically the admissions committee, against coporate optometry? Or are they in favor of it? Or neither?

Just incase this topic comes up in the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

If they were, I don't remember ever hearing about it (at IU at least). I think I actually remember learning more about signing independant contractor leases in our "business" class than anything else. And I'm not sure the majority of students cared. I think a lot of my friends never even attempted to do anything other than commercial.

I have opinions about corporate optometry.
Are optometry schools, specifically the admissions committee, against coporate optometry? Or are they in favor of it? Or neither?

Just incase this topic comes up in the interview.

Optometry schools are neither pro or con. The conspiracy theoritsts will claim that corporate optometry is swaying the school's opinion, but I was not brain washed when I went to school. Maybe I was just obtuse.

You should focus more on patient care during your interview than modes of practice. If the subject comes up, take the high road.

Be strong and choose your own path. Do what works best for you. After all, you will be responsible for your own decisions....not the school you attend.

Good luck.