How do PharmCAS/Pharmacy schools check references

Started by kiiimmm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kiiimmm

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning on listing two people as my references. One is a pharmacist and one is a manager of my volunteer site.

Does PharmCAS call each reference?
Do pharmacy schools also call each reference?
What questions would they ask my references?
My manager is a really busy person, so I am afraid she won't be able to answer their questions thoroughly on the phone.
For example, if they ask her how long I volunteered, she won't remember from the top of her head.
The pharmacist can't really speak English well, so I am also worried about that...
 
If your reference doesn't speak English/remember you very well, how are you expecting them to write a letter for you?
 
If you are applying to pharmacy school in America you might want to consider getting a reference that can at least speak English...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
? You mean on PharmCAS? you put in their email and it sends them instructions for a form and letter of recommendation to fill out, I don't think they call everyone. But yeah I agree with the people above you should have references that will at least remember you well.