thewendster

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
It sounds like some people are getting phone calls for interviews, while other people receive their acceptance letters in the mail. What is standard procedure for the big post bacs like bryn mawr, scripps, etc?

Thanks,

Wendy

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Im not entirely sure but I think it varies across the board. Some will notify through email, status webpage, or full acceptance letter. I cant imagine it to be too different than medical school or SMPs

drizzt3117

chick magnet
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
As far as Scripps goes, Jodi will usually call you, then you will get an official acceptance letter a few days later.

About the Ads

spinner81

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
Goucher calls for interviews, and then emailed me saying I had gotten in and that I would be getting a letter in the mail. Bryn Mawr also called to schedule an interview, and then Jodi called with the acceptance. hope that helps, good luck!

longhornl

10+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yes, Goucher called to invite me for an interview. Bryn Mawr sent me an email which told me to call them to schedule an interview. After calling both places, only Goucher mailed me a little packet confirming my interview date and hotel info, maps, etc. :thumbup:

Last year Columbia just sent an acceptance letter (no interview necessary)

P

pumpkin123

I don't know if these count as the "big post baccs" but my $0.02.

Johns Hopkins
Interview: phone call, then email with info on interview time/hotels/travel info Acceptance: phone call first, then acceptance packet by mail

Penn
Interview: email
(I declined the interview so not sure what else happens)

Georgetown
No interview necessary
Acceptance: Letter by mail (6 months after application, though they said they would send decision letters by 6 weeks)

ilovescience

10+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
EVMS- no interview, but you get an email when your file is complete or if you are missing things; fed-ex overnight envelope with acceptance letter

Drexel- phone call to schedule phone interview; I don't know how you're notified yet...:)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.